2.2.291 - see processes and process IDs

After observing this new feature for a while, it seems the caret appears only for duration that the process or service connection is in an established state.

In this screenshot shows that Firefox and the print spooler service are consistently established

The POP Peeper app reaches out every 30 minutes to look for new mail. The connection is so rapid, I’ll never be able to examine its data - the caret appears in a blink of the eye and it’s gone.

As well, one would just have to have the Firewall page open and in sight all the time to watch for process activity.

Or perhaps I’m just not “getting” this new feature??

GlasswireSeeProcsIDs

2 Likes

@dallas7

Interesting point! Our team is discussing how we can improve this, thanks for your feedback.

We have discussed leaving the process for 10-30 seconds once it appears for example if that might help? Or we have discussed showing process IDs in other normal GlassWire app detail windows too.

Hi Ken, as you have said “we have discussed showing process IDs in other normal GlassWire app detail windows to” Yes that could be good. Then we would have a history with that included, and not go away when the connection is not active.

2 Likes

Not really. That would still require a persistent focusing of one’s attention on GW.

I don’t actually have any suggestions. But GlassWare’s idea is !!!

I thought this new feature might have some value in finally figuring out what goes on with that NT Kernel & System.