Ad blocking on Windows

Hi

Does Glassware include any capabilities for ad blocking on Windows?

It for a work PC, that blocks browser extensions… yet I can install software! (Ridiculous, I know)

0 Likes

No, we don’t block ads currently. I think there is other software out there for the full Windows OS that blocks ads though.

0 Likes

Its much better that we see integration of pihole like service with Glasswire to stop such ads

1 Like

@raunko

Yes, Piehole is cool! I think it must be implemented at the router though, so it can’t help this guy.

I once heard of an app “StopAd IO” or something that’s an installed app, so maybe @Kelv1n can do a Google search for that app. I have not tried it myself so I don’t want to link to it or recommend it.

1 Like

Great suggestion, thanks Ken.

It would be good, to see this built into Glasswire though… relying upon an external service (even if self-hosted) has a lot of drawbacks. For example, my work forces the usage of internal DNS servers, also it has a strong preference to an alway-on VPN (so even when off-site or at home, I’m still forced to use them)

If its built into an app that just monitors the Windows network stack, then it is self contained…

1 Like