Ask To Connect turning itself off

Yes, that’s true, but we have recently added the “clean install” option in the installer that solves this. I checked out the Sphinx software you mentioned and found it also uses Windows Firewall API (unless I am misunderstanding something), so that’s probably why GlassWire’s firewall status keeps changing for you. Sorry for the inconvenience. We are investigating leaving Windows Firewall, but only if it can be done in a way that’s safe for our users.

so any suggestions for a “clean” install knowing that Sphinx also uses Windows Firewall APIs? If I temporarily disable Sphinx prior to Glasswire Installation would that fix the installation problem?
Even if Sphinx does use the same backend technology I’m not sure why or how that would hinder Glasswire from being able to change the mode to ask to connect

Could you try using GlassWire without another software that simultaneously uses the Windows Firewall API and see if we can narrow down the problem to Sphinx or not?

Unfortunately I’m not familiar with Sphinx so I don’t know why it would cause problems with GlassWire or how it works.

Please reset your Windows Firewall to the default settings after removing Sphinx then do an uninstall of GlassWire, reboot, then reinstall with the “clean” option and let me know if you still see this problem.

I disabled Sphinx firewall and reset windows 10 firewall to default. Attached is a screenshot of the settings I used when installing.

Unfortunately that didnt solve the problem and it keeps reverting the Ask to Connect to click to block

Below is a screenshot which shows I can select click to block, ask to connect or block all

If you’d like to email us we may be able to provide a logging version to see what’s happening. Thanks for your report.