Back the logs prior to clean wipe of Windows

Hi
I plan to wipe my rig and give it a clean install of windows but I would ideally like to keep my glasswire stats.
Can I just copy glasswire.db and restore it after reinstalling windows and glasswire?

Cheers

@l33tish

The instructions below are for moving GlassWire to another HD, but it’s the same for backing up the database and moving it due to a reinstall of Windows. I hope this helps!

To move your database to another HD please create a “glasswire.conf” file in notepad with these two lines only (the lines in quotes):
"# db_file_path=\glasswire.db
db_file_path=d:\glasswire\glasswire.db"

This file should be copied to the c:\programdata\glasswire\service folder
The database path is set to D:\glasswire\ folder in the file sample, but you can change the path to something else.

You should restart the GlassWire service when the file is copied.

1 Like

Does that also work for saving the labels assigned to devices in the Network tab? If not, how would one save those labels when reinstalling Windows?

@harkonnen

Yes.

For the default configuration of GlassWire (if you did not move our files around) you need to backup the c:\programdata\GlassWire folder. Then you should restore the folder to the same location, when Windows is reinstalled. And then install GlassWire. If you have a custom configuration (for example, you moved the GlassWire database to another HD), you should also backup the folder with this database.