Behavior:Win32/WDBlockFirewallRule.P

Thanks @Geri123. We will investigate.

If you go to the top left GlassWire menu and choose “About”, what version do you have there? What firewall mode are you in with GlassWire? Do you use any other firewall software?

This is an issue you are seeing with Windows 10, not the new beta Windows 11, correct?

Nobody else has reported this issue and we’re unable to recreate it. We will continue to investigate.

I’d guess it’s due to something that other app is doing, but I cannot confirm this. I am not familiar with every single thing that app is blocking but perhaps it’s something Microsoft does not like.

We usually get feedback right away from a large number of our users if GlassWire is causing this type of issue. So far we have only seen your report in our forum, helpdesk email, and social media but we’ll continue to watch out for other reports.

Thanks for taking the time to make this report and include those details.

I did a little more research and I found others reporting a similar issue with the tool you are using. Although the thread is quite old, I don’t think this problem is related to GlassWire.

oh my god is this issue still going on?

I don’t believe the issue is still going on. Is it going on for you?

In this case I believe another app causes the issue as is explained directly above.

You need to update your Win 10 to version 21H1. That’s what I had to do. Here what I have …,

1 Like

Just popped by to say I’m getting this same issue with a new install of glasswire on windows 11. No hardening has been done

Sorry for the issue. Windows 11 is still in testing so it may have issues.

No problem, just wanted to make you aware

Hello,

I got the same problem. Windows 10 Pro 64bit (not a fresh install). It hapenned soon after installing and activating Glasswire, on september 9th.

Here is the text for easy copy/paste:

Détecté : Behavior:Win32/WDBlockFirewallRule.P
État : Supprimé [don’t know what exactly has been deleted, GlassWire still works]

Date : 12/09/2021 18:11
Détails : Ce programme est dangereux et il exécute des commandes émanant d’une personne malveillante.

Éléments affectés :
behavior: pid:3472:1937012556366723
process: pid:3472,ProcessStart:132756279417203411
regkeyvalue: HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\FirewallRules\{AE053636-AA02-4A6F-B70D-5629A39E931F}

@Flo

Have you used other firewall software on that PC? Is any other firewall software installed now? Thanks.

No external firewall or antivirus at all (just those included in Windows Defender).

But before I installed the last version of GlassWire, I tried an old version I found on my hardrive (not sure, maybe GlassWireSetup 1.0.35 beta.exe). I used it long time before, so I wanted to know what it was about (it convinced me to buy the pro version).

I uninstalled the old GlassWire before I installed the new version.

or maybe was it GlassWire v1.1.15b

@Flo

If you used that old version then yes, it should have this error because it had the error before the fix.

oh god is this still not fixeded?

1 Like

We believe this error is related to using other firewall tools. We are unable to recreate the issue.

may be ask microsft how to fix? they are busy with vaccines now so maybe not reply to you?

To solve the issue:

1. Uninstall other firewalls or “hardening” tools that are most likely causing the issue.
  2. Uninstall GlassWire
  3. Go to the Windows Firewall control panel and choose “restore default”
  4. Reboot
  5. Install our latest version with “reset firewall” and “clean install” checked.

The issue should not happen again.

i no longer use glasswire but when i had this issue i did not use any other firewalls or “hardening” tools. just fresh windows install like others said. so problem is definitely with glasswire or with windows itself

GlassWire Software Version Changes List This was fixed in February of 2021.

“Made a firewall change to solve a Windows Defender false positive related to “ask to connect” and “block all” firewall modes in GlassWire.”