"Block All" as Standard

I, for one, don’t care about this feature. Most of the apps that are communicating and being captured on the firewall tab are part of the PC system, i.e., windows applications/services or manufacturer applications for managing the PC. The worries expressed above will only occur if malware was installed due to user error. Just because you blocked the malware from communicating to the outside world using the firewall tab doesn’t mean that it hasn’t already done something bad to your PC system. Top-notch malware detection is what is required in that circumstance.

This is just my opinion.

This is pretty much the only feature im missing. Add this one and Im all yours :*
I`m looking for a good firewall for so long now that I allmost wrote one myself.

1 Like

I think you’ll like what we’re working on. Maybe we should do a Kickstarter with photos and more info?

1 Like

More photos and info? Yes of course please :slight_smile: but why a kickstarter campaign. Do you need extra money to implement such functionality?
I think I would spend some money on kickstarter for this feature, but I don’t know what other people may think, as you are promoting the software as freeware…

Our homepage has always said we are working on a paid version of GlassWire. “GlassWire is currently free but we plan to add new features in the future for paying supporters.” https://www.glasswire.com/

We don’t have any plans to remove any free functionality, only add new features for people who want it.

:+1: I would support you :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! We really appreciate your support so we can continue development!

Hello All! I too as well would like the implementation of this feature.

At Glasswire-Devs in an attempt to continue to make Glasswire better, PLEASE don’t get carried away adding too many things into this, and as a result it becomes bloatware with un-necessary addons. cough! cough! - Winamp
Thanks again.

1 Like

Do you already have a kickstarter campaign which we can support? I could not find it…

We haven’t decided yet if we’re doing a Kickstarter or not. Thank you for considering supporting us! Do you think we should do a Kickstarter?

why not? you have no risk and if the rewards and pledges are good you will at least get more popularity…

2 Likes

Hope to improve the firewall feature in the next versions.

1 Like

Improve the firewall feature in what ways?

I hope for the day when I’ll be able to manage Window’s Firewall from within GlassWire. Not very advanced stuff, but be able to allow, block and manage those lists (remove duplicate rules etc) :wink: hate to have to go to that horrible interface and digg through many levels of settings just to be able to do a basic task. I also hate the duplicate rules.

I’m willing to pay for such sort of “front-end”. (I hope not very expensive thought :blush: )

1 Like

How do you end up with duplicate rules? Are you using multiple third party apps that control Windows firewall?

By duplicate I mean entries, duplicate/multiple entries. It happens when alternating between cable and wifi I think. Sometimes it changes to a public profile instead of the home profile and is asking me to allow the program again, and thus it creates a new rule for the pubic networks instead of modifying the already existing. Or maybe because when something goes wrong or you reset the network settings, then it creates a new one incrementally (you know Windows adds a 1,2,3 etc). I might be wrong though. Or when you reinstall a program, that has to forward a port, and the port changes like a torrent client. The old rules are not removed when you reinstall or uninstall. I once saw 3-4 entries for Skype. But to be honest I have no ideea. :fearful: Normally, once in a while, I just reset the settings and let the firewall ask me again for all my programs.

2 Likes

I only bought Glass Wire because I thought I could block everything and have white list.
Otherwise, I don’t really see not much sense in this program.

Pleas watch at Little Snitch there I can block everything and make own rules for each program.

I even consider to want our money back if this isn’t going to implement.
We wanted to buy more than 10 copies of Glass Wire and we want to recommend this also to our customers which are companies!

PLEASE IMPLEMENT THIS!!

I only bought Glass Wire because I thought I could block everything and have white list.

Otherwise, I don’t really see not much sense in this program.

Pleas watch at Little Snitch there I can block everything and make own rules for each program.

I even consider to want our money back if this isn’t going to implement.
We wanted to buy more than 10 copies of Glass Wire and we want to recommend this also to our customers which are companies!

PLEASE IMPLEMENT THIS!!

You have already Block All but theire ist missing a white list.

Just Make under the tab FireWall, on the right side from the DropDown menu “ClicktoBlock”,“Ask”,“Block All” another DropDown menu wich is for Profiles.

And then you must make it possible to block all, and let them ask if they want to connect, and the little fires have to be changed like green dot for allowing, short a whit list.

Just use the option “ask to connect”. This is what you want. GlassWire will block erverything on first connection and ask if you want to allow. If you click to allow it will be whitelisted… All other Applications will be blocked.

1 Like