"Block All" not blocking

The block all function was one of the main reasons I upgraged from the free version. When I did and used the “block all” function for the first time a largish info box opened up on the bottom right of my screen informing me that “block all” was active - and rather annoyingly, it stayed there.

Next day when I used ‘block all’ again that same info box only flashed onscreen for a second and, additionally, on testing I found it was still allowing my browser etc to access the Internet as if Glasswire wasn’t even there!

Another change is that now the “while you were away…” function always shows zero bytes up/down no matter how long I am away from my keyboard. It does this even when the Internet / ethernet activity lights on my router are flashing away with busy activity (I then find that Windows has downloaded several thousand files in the backgroud even though I have updates postponed). Does Glasswire give Windows a free pass?

Please advise on how to fix both these issues.

@Gordon

“Block All” mode has always kept its window viewable when that mode is turned on since our first GlassWire firewall release. The reason we do this is because otherwise your computer will lose all connectivity, and you may not realize the cause is GlassWire.

If you go to GlassWire’s “Firewall” tab, is the firewall switched to “On”?

If the firewall is switched to “On” and GlassWire’s “Block All” mode is still not working, please uninstall GlassWire, reboot, then go to the Windows FIrewall control panel and choose “restore defaults”. Next reinstall GlassWire while checking “restore firewall defaults” in the GlassWire installer. Please let me know if that solves the problem.

For “while you were away” please email me some screenshots (or post them here) and let me know the version of GlassWire you’re using by going to the top left GlassWire menu and choosing “About”.

https://www.glasswire.com/contact/