BSOD on Windows 8.1u1

Installed Glasswire yesterday and have had 27 BSODs since (I have removed it at this point).

Some quick info:
-ASUS Z77 Sabertooth with i7 3770K
-Windows 8.1u1 Professional
-Kaspersky Enterprise Security (KES) 10.2.1.23

The Minidumps:

Nathaniel,

We think we fixed this and we plan to have an update out soon. We may send you an updated version to test before release if that’s OK with you.

Thank you for your info, it will help us.

Thanks, Jon

I’d be happy to give it a shot, you guys have a cool project coming together :slight_smile:

Could you please send me the updated verion too? I used GlassWire some days without problems but today needed to uninstall because some seconds after starting windows 8.1 I always got an BSOD with kernel_security_check failure…

Thank you very much.

Very similar setup to nathanielban:

-ASUS Z77 Sabertooth with i7 3770K
-Windows 8.1u1 Professional
-Kaspersky PURE

Also getting numerous blue screens, have disabled GlassWire for now.

I haven’t received a patched version yet but Im wondering what the common denominator is, my suspicion is that it’s a conflict with Kaspersky

Some of our development team uses Kaspersky. We tested carefully with Kaspersky and the problem doesn’t seem to be related to that, but I’m not sure about the details.

I have Kaspersky too. Anti-Virus 2015…

Got BSOD on Win 7 Ultimate. At that time I was watching a video on youtube, copying files on an external hard drive and also browsing the web for some info. Hope you guys fix it soon, as well as the memory usage. I’m loving this so much I’d pay for advanced features and protection. Thanks for reading.

p.s. I don’t have any anti-virus software installed, only MalwareBytes Anti-malware protection. Though I don’t think it’s linked to it since I’ve been using GlassWire for some days and I hasn’t given me any problems.

A fix is on the way! Sorry for the problem.

1 Like

Thank you for the fast response. How can we know when a new version is released ? I just got another BSOD. I forgot the program was running in the background. I’m scared of running it again :stuck_out_tongue:

Please check our Blog https://blog.glasswire.com in one week if you don’t want to run GlassWire, otherwise GlassWire will alert you. I understand if you don’t want to run GlassWire considering the problem you are experiencing. Sorry.

We just released an update https://www.glasswire.com/download/ that should solve the BSOD problem. Please check and confirm. Thank you!

I’ve installed the patch, so far no BSOD I will keep you posted.

1 Like

Still happening on W8 when starting SlickVPN (based on OpenVPN)

1 Like

Thanks for the details. We’ll try to recreate the problem you are experiencing with SlickVPN.

I have 8.1 Pro, am fully up to date with patches, and run no anti virus other than Malwarebytes. Just installed tonight and things seem buttery smooth. Will update if things change…

-Intel Core i7 3770
-16.0GB RAM
-Gigabyte Z77-DS3H

1 Like