[Bug] GlassWire Idle Monitor logs in a wrong place

Not sure if it’s due to me changing paths in .conf to another drive but I have this setting:
LogDirectory = F:\glasswire/service/log

The “GlassWire Control Service” logs correctly in that folder
But “GlassWire Idle Monitor” logs into F:\20200528.log - it seems that process logs into root ignoring the rest of the path.

Version 2.2.201

@SHADOW13

Did you use our beta previously as part of our testing group, or did our team send a beta for you to try and use at any point?

no, I don’t think I did.

I had an issue with upgrade to 2.2.201 and it couldn’t start the service
therefore I ended up uninstalling 2.2.201 and reinstalling it again
The uninstallation process removed all the files and I just edited the new .conf file with the paths.
Just noticed today the file F:\20200528.log

When trying to delete either of those 2 files, Windows reports which process has it open.
The F:\20200528.log is opened by “GlassWire Computer Idle Monitor” (GWIdlMon.exe)
That one only uses drive letter but not the rest of the specified path

1 Like

I notice that the path you are using for the LogDirectory contains both front slash characters and backslash characters intermingled (i.e., “LogDirectory = F:\glasswire/service/log” ) Maybe your machine allows their interchangeability, but to my way of thinking, all slashes in Windows paths should be backslashes.

2 Likes

That is a good diagnosis. It explains the problem and it made me laugh that I missed something so basic. :smile:

1 Like

this is how GlassWire set it up (I just changed drive letter and some folders but both slashes were there set by GW installation)

2 Likes