BUG, urgent: firewall off

hello. I`m posting this again because after I tried to re-install and reset my firewall, it did not work. And then, I posted on the same thread that it did not work, but nobody answer to me anymore.

The problem is the same as before: when I turn on my computer and I go to glasswire > firewall, the firewall is off, and it turns on by itself one second after. Is really annoying and basically looks like the firewall is off until I go to that window. Basically, glasswire is doing nothing.

@osmeldu

GlassWire uses the Windows Firewall API and that API is used by billions of Windows users every day and it’s very stable and reliable. There is not a way that our firewall switch can turn off by itself. It must be a third party app that’s doing it or some other settings on your PC.

Our latest software shows a message about what app is turning off your Firewall, do you see it?

If not, you can uninstall GlassWire in add/remove programs, then reboot, then go to your Windows Firewall control panel and choose “restore defaults” then reinstall GlassWire with its clean install option along with its “reset firewall” option. This should undo anything any third party apps did to GlassWire or the Windows Firewall API.

Hello. Well, here it is a gif from a a video I just recorded showing the problem.

No, there is no message saying that an app is turning off the firewall.

Also, I did ran a clean installation already. Here is the gif:

https://im4.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-4-ed8eb4c9cb.gif

Did you try the things I suggested before making this Gif? Thanks.

@Ken_GlassWire, Yes, I did it.

@osmeldu

Are you using a third party antivirus software?

AVG is the antivirus I use @Ken_GlassWire

@osmeldu

If you do this does it help?

@Ken_GlassWire my AVG dosnt have the firewall component.

1 Like

If you go to your Windows Firewall control panel when GlassWire’s firewall is off, is your Windows Firewall off there also? Thanks.

the windows firewall seems on. But when I go to glasswire, I see the same bug

Could you uninstall GlassWire again in add/remove programs, then reboot, then choose “clean install” and reinstall GlassWire? Now turn on logging as described below and email us the logs once the problem is reproduced.

Stop the GlassWire service;
Copy log.conf to C:\ProgramData\GlassWire\service
Start the GlassWire service and reproduce the problem
Send us the logs from C:\ProgramData\GlassWire\service\log

Log.conf should be a notepad file called exactly “log.conf” with these two lines only:
log_path=c:\programdata\glasswire\service\log
log_level_file=-1

Our email contact info is here to email the logs: https://www.glasswire.com/contact/

Firewall has turned itself off for me aswell I just noticed.

Why have you removed this function from the free version? This is not mentioned on the glasswire frontpage where features are described. Without the firewall the application is quite useless.