Can't get Glasswire to stay connected, "Service stopped running"

Hi.

I just reinstalled windows 10 due to my computer seemingly running very slow. Before the reinstall I noticed Glasswire wasn’t running, and I couldn’t get it to connect. I thought the reinstall would help.

After reinstall I still cannot get it to stay running. I reinstalled with a clean install twice now, started it up, it took a while to start up but it did start.

But at some point it stopped, and I have not been able to get it to start since. It just attempts connection 3-4 times then says Glasswire service stopped running. I’ve rebooted a few times as well.

I have not reinstalled any other software yet. I had had it working flawlessly for a couple of years before this issue.

I have a great network connection. I’ve checked the Windows Defender app to make sure its not blocking it.

any help would be appreciated.

@jmilford

Could you run Windows updates with the new Windows 10 install until it’s updated?

Next go to add/remove programs and uninstall GlassWire, reboot, then reinstall our latest version with “clean install” checked.

Before I installed I made sure I was up to date. windows 10 ver 20H2 x64

I can reinstall again if you think it would help.

1 Like

OK, please try. Be sure and reboot.

Still does not work.

@jmilford

Do you see a .dmp file on your desktop?

I do not.

I was doing some reading on past posts and one of them suggested some things to start manually that did get it started. But it seems like I will have to go in and do them every time i shut down or reboot…

they are .
-Open Task Manager, click to Services tab.
-Scroll down to “WLAN Autoconfig”
-Right-click to “Open Services”
-Scroll back down to “WLAN Autoconfig”
-Right-click to Properties
-Select RUN button.
-Exit back to Services window
-Scroll to “GlassWire Control Services”
-Right-click then select “RUN” button.

Seem after the first time I started , the WLAN Autoconfig then did stay running, but I did have to restart the GlassWire Control Services,

edit- I did have to STOP the WLAN Autoconfig and then restart it.

Sorry for the issue. That’s quite strange! All those services should be on by default with Windows.

the “WLAN Autoconfig” was on, but I had to cycle it off then on for the “Glasswire Control Service” to realize it was on.