Can't Stop Bonjour

Any idea why the Bonjour Service keeps downloading, even though I have it set to Block.

@townsend

If you go to your live graph does it show it has activity? Maybe that activity on the firewall is from previous network access. The firewall graph shows activity over a long time period.

Did you upgrade to the Windows Creators update? It caused my firewall to stop working and I had to do a clean reinstall of GlassWire, but other people haven’t had this problem.

No. I haven’t upgraded to Microsoft’s new Creator version. And as I watch the little Bonjour Service graph, I can see that it’s changing and active.

Windows 10 Home users absolutely can’t stop Windows updates from happening any old time.

I thought I had blocked ALL the Microsoft stuff. I was very proud of myself and Glasswire too. But lo and behold, my machine just did an automatic update. The only way I can see how this could happen is if Microsoft used the Bonjour Service connection to do it’s business. I don’t even know if that’s possible.

Oh well. I’m probably fretting about this stuff to much anyway. I should just switch back to Windows 7.

@townsend

Thanks for the report. I’ll try to reproduce this on my PC. If you click on “Bonjour” what does it show for the publisher?

Here’s the publisher info on the Bonjour Service:

I’ve got two more active renegades:

I went to uninstall that microsoft.photos.exe program but it’s in a protected system folder.

I’ll be back later if you have any more questions.
Maybe I should reinstall GlassWire/?

1 Like

It sounds like there are some Firewall settings problems. I recommend uninstalling GlassWire, then going to your Windows Firewall control panel and clicking “restore defaults” then reboot, then reinstall GlassWire with the “clean” install option with the installer and try again.

1 Like

You can uninstall Bonjour if you don’t need it:

1 Like