Click to Block pulldown unselectable /Update check for an app fails

I have never heard of delayed-start solving something with GlassWire but I don’t think it can hurt.

Meanwhile we have a ticket open with our team on your issue. I will let you know what they want to know next. Thanks for your patience.

@frustrated

Our team said if you would turn on logging and recreate the issue then it might help us find the problem.

How do I turn on logging?

• Stop the GlassWire service with the task manager under “services”.

• Open the file: C:\ProgramData\GlassWire\service\glasswire.conf as administrator with Notepad.

• Set parameter LogEnabled to “true” and save changes.

• Start the GlassWire service again by right clicking under the task manager and services.

When the issue shows up again please send us the logs from C:\ProgramData\GlassWire\service\log as soon as the issue is reproduced. You can message me privately in the forum if you prefer, or email us https://www.glasswire.com/contact/.

If you email please provide a link to this forum thread so I know what the logs are about. Thank you for reporting this issue.

Yesterday I changed the startup of Glasswire service to delayed startup. This morning when I booted up the Glasswire FW was on and working. I feel I should keep an eye on it for now and if it starts misbehaving then I will follow the logging instructions.

2 Likes

Ok so setting the service to delayed startup fixed this issue. I have set it backup to normal startup in services, enabled logging and rebooted. The problem showed upon rebooting. I will message you with the link to the log files. For the time being I have re-enabled the delayed startup of the Glasswire service so that the firewall works and disabled further logging…