Different ESET Internet Security settings over different accounts

Hello,

I am trying to figure out a way to have different settings (firewall filtering mode mostly) on different Windows 10 accounts. For example I have my main admin account where I’ve setup Eset on interactive mode so I can control inflow/outflow of connections etc. But I have also created a guest/visitor account with limited access for other users on my personal PC which I wish to set the filtering mode into automatic so they won’t accidentally allow access to an unknown connection and end up messing my PC. How can I do that? I tried to use the profiles tab under firewall but it doesn’t automatically change when I change accounts. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

@adamlevine

GlassWire uses one profile between all accounts. We did not separate them.

You could make a new profile for each account, but unfortunately GlassWire won’t auto-select it when switching between accounts.

Will we ever get auto-select multi-user profiles? GlassWire is pretty well useless in my situation without that.

Basically, all I really need to do is make sure no user except my own LUA and Admin have the ability to alter WF or GW settings. This is best achieved by hiding WF and GW from the minions’ accounts, as well as perhaps a password or SURun lock. The SuRun lock I can handle at this end. Then we need to allow for User Switching so GW becomes seamless across user accounts. And don’t forget the Guest Account :slight_smile:

“Basically, all I really need to do is make sure no user except my own LUA and Admin have the ability to alter WF or GW settings.”

Most of GlassWire’s settings can be locked down by the admin password. Check GlassWire’s settings to turn the lock on/off.

For the firewall itself, we plan to add the ability to lock that down also in the future.