Does Glasswire pickup *ALL* application?

Hello - I am evaluating Glasswire and so far it looks good. WE have a legacy windows application called Phoneslips that is a peer to peer messaging/scheduler system. It doesn’t seem to list the publisher or listed under unsigned. I cant find it on any app list or showing data sent.

I was wondering if Glasswire doesn’t pick up all applications running.

PLease let me know.

Thank you.

MattJ

@MattJ

GlassWire should pick up all applications that have network activity. We use a Windows API for network monitoring created by Microsoft so it would be quite strange if it didn’t pick up something.

If you reboot your PC then use that app does it show up? We warn that when GlassWire is installed you should reboot to make sure you don’t miss any currently happening network activity, but we don’t force a reboot.

Some legacy apps also use IE to send their data because they are actually just kind of an IE shell. Maybe it’s something like that?

Thank you for your reply - I will look for something other then the application name and let you know if I still can’t Find it.

Thank you.

MattJ

@MattJ

When you’re sure the app is accessing the network you could go to graph/apps at the “5 minutes” interval, and you may be able to figure it out.