Empty value kaspersky

Since last micro update of kaspersky,
Glasswire changes every executables to empty values in place of version number and owner.
Can you inform them about that ?
Thanks

@boistordu

If you go to the top left GlassWire menu and choose “About”, what version of GlassWire are you using?

Screenshots would be helpful so I can understand where it’s showing empty value with GlassWire.

Also, do you use any “cleaning” types of software? Maybe our database was corrupted or damaged somehow.

Again it is a problem that I mentioned in our private conversation during the lockdown for example @Ken_GlassWire
This problem never disappeared across the different version and no, the list of software I used didn’t change.
And it s the last stable version 2.2.241

So no it’s still the same bug as before. The same loop that your soft come across from time to time which is the checksum of the executables that your software does .
So no corruption in your dB. Just the same loop that does go with a crash from time to time. I m sure that if I send you the dump it will show you the exact same thing.
And I m very doubtful that I would have a rootkit or that I would have any malware at all.

But what I can say it’s that it has been very more frequent for the last 2 or 3 days.
And besides the updates of the windows store or windows itself, the only possibility it’s a new update of kaspersky

@boistordu

Sorry for the issue you are experiencing.

I have not seen any other reports of this. Feel free to send me a private message with some screenshots I can share with our team so I can get a better understanding of how it looks.

Kaspersky is pretty popular software so I am not sure if all Kaspersky users are experiencing this, because I have never received a similar report about it before in the forum or to our help desk. Perhaps someone else with the issue can chime in here.

@Ken_GlassWire have you that much of people that you are forgetting about our previous conversation? Or is it public position statement ?
https://forum.glasswire.com/t/here-is-a-log-of-crash-for-v210/10277/49?u=boistordu 26 June you can see we already discussed that kind of problem.

@boistordu

Sorry for forgetting. I saw at the private message link that you mentioned Bitlocker, not Kaspersky so maybe that’s why I got mixed up and did not remember.

Sorry about the forgetfulness.

Yeah no problem. It’s just that your devs have mentionned at the time that kaspersky could also get in the way and you mentionned a bunch of times in other thread too. I m just opened a new private conversation for a link to a new dump and this is in link to this other thread which I m
Pretty sure are linked with also a few others recently.

@Ken_GlassWire
https://forum.glasswire.com/t/re-empty-value-kaspersky/10786?u=boistordu

From my point of view I don’t see many complaints about Kaspersky/GlassWire, but when investigating your issue more technically with our team it seems possible that there could be some kind of issue there somehow… but we could not verify it 100%.

If a third party software is doing weird things to our own software I am not sure what we can do to solve the problem. But I myself cannot confirm that’s the case for sure because we can only see limited information about what Kaspersky does.

I hope this explains why it’s kind of an unknown situation.

I will say though that if Kaspersky was causing everyone with GlassWire to have empty values I feel confident we’d hear about this very quickly with a lot of complaints. Kaspersky is a very popular high quality antivirus application.

I will see if we can test again with Kaspersky’s latest version so we can see if there are any obvious issues, and if there is anything we can do with them. Thanks for your report and I apologize for the problems you experienced.