Feature request - list each app's traffic with remote address

One thing I have been wanting for years, since I was using Outpost Pro firewall, which gave the facility, is the inclusion of remote IP and host address for each app’s traffic in a history listing. I would also like those data to be displayed for each app’s traffic peak that one clicks on.

Sure, GlassWire does notify if it recognises a remote IP as being 'suspicious (which is good, of course!), but I would have much more security still if I myself were able to check out remote IPs / addresses, so I could understand what is going on. That way I could well find things that need investigation / stopping, which are not (yet) flagged as ‘suspicious’ by GlassWire. I would have no objection to this being a paid-for feature, but it is one that I definitely want and have been unable to find in any (not horrendously expensive) software for years - not wanting to go back to using Outpost.

I do hope this feature will be added at some early stage.

Kind regards,
Philip.

1 Like

Philip,

Thanks for your feedback. If you go to graph/apps and then click on the graph it has the host available. I assume you want something different though? Could you explain more in detail so I can understand?

Thanks!

Ha, yes, I’d just discovered that myself! So, the info is there, but just rather inconspicuous - though once one has the hang of it, actually quite well displayed! :slight_smile: That’s brilliant as far as it goes, and means that at last I can check up properly on unfamiliar or unexpected Net activity. What I would really like too is the numerical IP address - not instead of but as well as the resolved host address.

Anyway, I’d like to thank you for a seriously useful security tool that puts a lot of sensible power in the hands of the user.

Philip.

I’d better add that just now I’ve just almost been blown off my seat here, tuning into the Usage listing, which at first I’d assumed I wouldn’t usually be interested in. That lists all the remote hosts so far connected to by a particular process. That again is seriously helpful. Again, if the numerical IPs could always be given too, it would be most helpful of all.

Keep up the brilliant work!

Philip.

Philip,

Click the resolved host after clicking the graph and it will take you to a window with more info that includes the numerical IP address. It’s a little confusing, we should make it more intuitive for the user.

Thanks!

Amazing - thank you! – Yes, it appears that all I’m after is there, but, as you say, it really does need to be made a bit more intuitive, and then you won’t get awkward old bggrs like me pestering you to add such details! :slight_smile:

Philip.