Feature request - miniature graph for corner of desktop

For many years I have been using a neat Net traffic graph display program from Hoo Technologies, called Net Meter, though there are several similar programs. The window is resizeable and configurable in many ways, including colours for upload, download and both up-and download. It would actually be very handy if GlassWire had the option of a similar display, as I’m sure it would be more efficient to have that rather than a fully separate program to do that for me. I myself keep my Net Meter display in the bottom right corner of my screen, immediately above the notification area (system tray). This enables me to see at a glance what is going on with regard to Net traffic, so is an extra bit of security and self empowerment in keeping my system secure and well functioning.

As a new user, I’m not allowed to upload a Net Meter image, but here’s a link to it:
Net Meter display

Philip

1 Like

Philip,

Thanks for sending this, I’ll check it out! We’re working on a mini graph right now actually.

Goodness me! Well, in that case, here are a few points about my own configuration of Net Meter, which I would like to be available in your own mini-graph.

1. Choice of curve or column graph (I prefer the latter as it’s more precise)
  2. Configurable column width (I prefer minimum, i.e., 1px)
  3. Option of vertical speed scale (one side or another)
  4. Option of time scale (I prefer not to have that myself because it interferes with quick reading of the graph)
  5. Current download and upload speed, in colours set for the graph
  6. Max. speed, preferably for upload and download separately (this latter being something that Net Meter doesn’t give me), again in the colours set for the graph
  7. Configurable download / upload / combined colours - though this could be taken from main program graph configuration if proper colour configuration for that is implemented. I want clear colours selected from the standard Windows colour selector - not some arbitrarily chosen palette of colours
  8. I definitely want a separate colour for coinciding upload / download, both in mini-graph and main program graph; otherwise some traffic would be obscured.
  9. Resizeable window, horizontal extension increasing the time range (as would also reducing column width)
  10. Option to toggle click-through
  11. Transparency control
  12. Ability to specify units to be used in speed data
  13. If there is any sort of title bar, an option to disable that
  14. If there is any sort of border, a facility to make that very thin or eliminate it altogether
  15. If by default there is a space between each column (unnecessary, but I note that most net meter column displays have such a space by default), a facility to choose the width of that space or to eliminate it altogether (which latter is my preference!)

I’ll probably think of a few more things, but the above are all I can think of just now. Hope that helps!

Philip

2 Likes

When windows task manager is running, we get a little graph on the taskbar that shows processor usage. The feature request suggested here reminds me of that, except its for network traffic instead of processor usage. Cool.

1 Like

+1

I use Net Activity Diagram by MetaProducts, but it ceased development in 2008 and has some short comings with 64 bit OS.

Link to image:
Net Activity Diagram

Configurable colors and other aspects. Mode without title bar. Resizable. Can choose what adapter is displayed (particularly excluding local network traffic).

2 Likes

+1 for a small graph for continual monitoring please.

1 Like