Firewall 'off' but working ?!

Hello. I just discovered Glasswire. Great ! Testing it. Have 1.0.28b.

Firewall TAB :
Firewall is off… which is normal as I don’t use Windows Firewall.
But when I click on the little flame in front of an application, its connection is stopped.

My question is : shoudn’t the detail of the Apps only taken if firewall is on ?

That not a real issue, and it’s even a “feature” I could use as it’s quick to set/unset instead of creating a rule in my personnal firewall… But I think it isn’t clear for end user.

Other remarks, that’s hard to find an Apps. No sort at all (or I haven’t find how to trigger).
Apps are sort in real time (latest activity on top and blocked Apps first)
At least man should be able to sort by name and have some info about the listed app (path, maybe CRC of binary ?.. Why I get 2 entries for Internet Explorer ???)

Maybe also we could restrict views to Apps with activity in last 10min, 1 hour, 6 hours, 1 days, 7 days, 1 month (excluding blocked apps that should be always viewed) ?

Keep going on ! Good Job !

I just played with this on my computer and I’m unable to recreate this problem. We’ll test some more on our machines and see if we can recreate it.
May I ask what operating system version you’re using? Thanks for letting us know about this problem.

I’m running Windows 7 x64 Professionnal SP1 + latest WUpdate patches from October 2014.
Also Outpost Security Suite 9.1 (4652.701.1951).

I’ve tried in a VM (W7SP1x32 and W2K8R2 SP1 x64) and I don’t reproduce it (with no Outpost)…
In both VM, windows firewall was activated at startup and during installation of GlassWire. I then desactivate it… Then I’ve installed Outpost on both, reboot and make another test (simple ftp in DOS sesssion). Working. That’s weird… :-/

I can always reproduce it on my host computer…

Perhaps Outpost doesn’t allow Windows Firewall to be disabled for some reason?

Well this was some kind of non (or wrong) initialized variable I think.
After setting Firewall on/off this is working as expected…

Does it worth to add an alert (disabled by default), to log when blocked Apps are blocked by GlassWire ? Maybe this could be disabled by App to avoid log filling for a high actively trying app ?

We’ll investigate this further, thanks. I doubt we’ll add alerts for blocked apps because it may annoy some people. Maybe the setting could be off by default.