Firewall Questions

I’ve been using the free version of Glasswire for a while now (past year or so) but have finally decided to get the paid version.

While using the free version I did not use the built in firewall for Glasswire (mainly used it to track bandwidth usage) but now I am planning to use the firewall feature.

My problem is the firewall page is full of a massive list of stuff that seemingly has no easy way to look through, sort/filter/search or manage in any meaningful way. You can’t even see details for a given program in the firewall list unless it’s actively communicating at that moment. There seem to be some basic features/functionality that seems to be missing from the firewall section of this program.

Is there a way mass remove all entries from the Firewall list so I can basically start over without clearing everything else (the bandwidth history, etc…)??

EDIT: I decided to just to a clean install and deal with it.

Have to say though, the FireWall UI is missing a lot of stuff that I think it needs.

Where is the ability to sort entries? Why can I not group entries together? All the “Adobe” programs should be in their own group, “Microsoft” in theirs, etc… Would make organization a lot easier and mean I don’t have to scroll through pages and pages of entries that seem to have no apparent order.

@RadActiveLobstr

Thanks for upgrading!

The Firewall screen is being completely redesigned for GlassWire 2.0 to help with the problem you are seeing. It will be a free upgrade for you.

To mass remove everything I recommend uninstalling GlassWire, rebooting, then reinstalling our latest version with the “clean” install option with the installer.

We are working on sorting, etc… for 2.0. Sorry for the problem and thanks for your patience.

I am glad to hear that there is a UI overhaul coming for the Firewall section as it really needs it.

Any ETA on that?

I also upgraded from Free to the paid version (PRO) earlier today. Out of interest, how will the free upgrade to v2.0 work? Are all users on v1.0 getting upgraded, or just recent purchases?

And I agree with @RadActiveLobstr that the Firewall section is the most in need of extra functionality. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It will be a free upgrade, coming this summer.