Firewall shuts down after computer reboot

I had the older version and took advantage of the free upgrade to version 2. I have Windows 10 and I love Glasswire. There are few programs I fit into the ‘love’ category but this one fills the bill.

I have found, however, that when I reboot my computer that while initially GlassWire keeps the firewall exceptions active that shortly after when I go back and check they are no longer being monitored and I have to turn it on again. When I first discovered this I thought I had done something wrong but this is repeatable for me and quite a problem when you think that your fire wall exceptions are being blocked and you find later that they are not.

Am I doing something wrong or is this an issue?

@Usil

It sounds like our driver is crashing. Are you seeing any .dmp files on your desktop? If so can you email them to us?

A potential fix is to uninstall GlassWire, reboot, then reinstall with our “clean” install option with the installer. Sometimes there is a problem when upgrading from GlassWire 1 to 2, and a clean install almost always solves it.

After reading some posts about upgrading, I did originally do a clean install after uninstalling version 1. There were no dmp files. Other than uninstalling and re-installing any other suggestions? Will it keep all my settings if I uninstall?

@Usil

Sorry, I should have mentioned how to back up your settings/database if you want to:
https://www.glasswire.com/userguide/#Backup_Settings

Before doing a clean install you could try just a normal reinstall and see if that solves it.