Glass Wire is causing my computer to restart

I have the purchased version and of late, say the last month or so when I run it my PC restarts. When I don’t run it no issues at all. Any clues? I’d really like to know what is going on.

In edition, I cannot resize the window, smaller please, that it uses.

@Bob_Dye

We have never had this reported before. Are there any .dmp files on your desktop? Are you using Nahimic software? If so can you upgrade to their latest version?

Do you have an Asus PC?

No a Dell. Two asus monitors No to Nahimic. Not sure what that is. Also do not have any .dmp files on my computer.

@Bob_Dye

For awhile some of our users were crashing while using Nahimic, but if you upgrade to their latest version the problem goes away. Asus had a similar problem.

If there are no .dmp files on your desktop then GlassWire probably isn’t crashing and causing you to hard crash and reboot, so I’m not sure what the problem is.

Maybe uninstall GlassWire, reboot, then reinstall our latest version with the “clean” option and see if it happens again. Are you 100% sure it isn’t a coincidence? Can you upgrade all your video/audio drivers to the latest versions and run all Windows updates?

I’ll do all of that but the only consistent thing so far has been GW

1 Like