GlassWire 2.0.123 is here - Change your font size!

Please try our 2.0.123 update we just released. WIth this new GlassWire update it’s now easy to change your font size so it’s easier to read.

https://glasswire.com - Download Now!

Other changes are listed here: https://www.glasswire.com/changes/

3 Likes

I like it!!

I have a 4K monitor and this makes things so much easier to read.

Chris

1 Like

We’re glad you like it @CTaylor! People have been asking for this for awhile so we’re glad to finally get it out there.

This is what I thought I installed, but in the about section it still says 2.0.80. How do I get this .123 update? When I go to install it just says I will be installing 2.0

1 Like

Just download at www.glasswire.com and then install it using our “clean” install option. @Glassw

Help!! I accidentally changed my font to largest while I was going through settings and now the settings window is so big that I can’t change the settings back! I can’t change the size of the settings window to allow me to accept any settings changes. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program, but the size settings stayed the same. How can I fix this?

When This happens to me I try right clicking an open space in the taskbar, and click to “cascade windows”. Can get you out of a bind when a window top bar can’t be reached for whatever reason, say it has a momentum set on it and you fling it off the top of the desktop. Sounds like something you might be able to use. Those huge fonts are way too huge for my ordinary 1920 screen. But I guess it’s good for the 4k folks.

1 Like

@Liz_Spivey

Thanks for your feedback. We’re making a change in our next update so this won’t happen to someone else in the future. Meanwhile, do the suggestions @Glassw makes help?

1 Like

Unfortunately, it didn’t help. I tried it, but it didn’t affect the size of the window, and I still can’t see the button to save settings changes. But thank you for the advice, I have a feeling it’ll come in handy in the future.

I was just now able to fix it by changing my Windows icons and text to a smaller size, which affected the window size of the program. Thank you all for your help! I hope

@Liz_Spivey

If you can’t use GlassWire at all now, go to add/remove programs and uninstall, then reinstall using the “clean” install option. It will reset your settings back to the original so your settings window will then be small.

I also wanted to make the fonts a bit bigger but the only next option was a bit too big for me, so I’de love it if you can add more sizes in between the existing ones, thanks! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m very happy to have larger fonts. It improves the interface dramatically. Thanks.

But Glasswire is still a Windows application that doesn’t follow the guidelines for usability. That’s why it is so similar to the problem where you allow the window size to be larger than the display size.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. It’s kind of a trade-off on time/value. The way we implemented this allowed us to do it in a reasonable time period because of the way we built our UI initially.

If anyone else has the problem where changing the font size makes the General Settings dialog too big for the screen dimensions then here’s a second solution.

The Problem

Solution 1 - Change the Windows display settings

Solution 2 - Use the Tab key to navigate the General Settings

If you don’t want to change Windows global settings then you can use the keyboard to navigate the settings controls (elements of the user interface):

1. Go to the Menu | Settings | General dialog window.
  2. Press Tab nine (9) times to get to the font slider then use Left or Right to set the font size.
  3. Press Tab six (6) times to get to the OK button then press Enter to select it.
  4. A confirmation dialog box should appear. Now press Enter to confirm.

This works in GlassWire 2.0.3 provided you don’t making any other changes in the dialog. Any other actions can change the number of tab key presses.

2 Likes

Solution 2 - Use the Tab key to navigate the General Settings

If you don’t want to change Windows global settings then you can use the keyboard to navigate the settings controls (elements of the user interface):

1. Go to the Menu | Settings | General dialog window.
  2. Press Tab nine (9) times to get to the font slider then use Left or Right to set the font size.
  3. Press Tab six (6) times to get to the OK button then press Enter to select it.
  4. A confirmation dialog box should appear. Now press Enter to confirm.

This works in GlassWire 2.0.3 provided you don’t making any other changes in the dialog. Any other actions can change the number of tab key presses.

Thank you very much! That second option worked like a charm!