GlassWire 2.3.335 now available!

GlassWire 2.3.335 is now released to the public. Please upgrade now and give us your feedback on the update.

https://www.glasswire.com/changes/

Merci pour les mises Ă  jour.
It’s nice the “Things” device types.

Return of the GW installations from a recent user.
Some programs allow the installation of a software from the standard account and the entry of the pwd of the admin account.
I never succeeded in this way with GW, the installation leaves in error.
The only possibility for GW is the installation directly under the admin account.

1 Like

@telegramme

Sorry for the issue.

1. What Windows version do you use exactly?
  2. What is the exact error you see?
  3. Can you post a screenshot?
  4. Has this always happened, or is it a new problem?

We will try to recreate this issue, thanks.

W10 Famille - 21H1 - 19043.1110

I don’t remember the error message.

I don’t really consider this as an error; I mentioned it so that other people don’t think that the installation doesn’t work.
An installation should be done under the admin account, it’s still more logical. It’s an easy solution to do it under the standard account.

I think you can reproduce this point without any problem.

2 Likes

@telegramme We will test this and improve the app, thanks for your feedback.

upgraded here from previosu build… and not seen these alerts now for a long time, im sure these have been fixed for 6months+
but seem to be back!!

I’ve experienced this issue as well. Had to change the standard account to an admin account to successfully do the install then change back…

@mikosh6

You saw a false positive with Windows Security during the installation of GlassWire, or what exactly happened?

Thanks @Geri123.

Do you have any other firewall software installed, or have you used some in the past?

If you manually block nissrv with GlassWire, then run a scan does the false positive appear again for you @Geri123?

I don’t seem to have that executable on my PC for some reason.

The reason it’s set up this way is because if you do block Defender, it causes the exact message you reported.

Perhaps this false positive is related to the ConfigureDefender app?

Sorry, was responding to @telegramme’s Glasswire update issue that started the this thread. I was only able to perform a successful update of Glasswire if I changed my Standard account to an Administrator account.