Hi, every time I restart Windows 10, Glasswire blocks communication for 9 minutes and cannot be turned on or off during that time.
What is it doing/waiting for and how do I fix it?
On the ‘Firewall’ tab, the ‘Firewall on/off’ button and the ‘ask to connect, etc’ selection box are greyed out for 9 minutes on every single startup, and all network communication is blocked. The waiting time seems to be the same regardless whether Glasswire is set to startup automatically, or if started manually.
GlassWire uses the Windows Firewall API for blocking so it’s very easy to fix. Are you using any secondary firewall apps? Using two firewalls simultaneously is not recommended, but if you are sure you don’t want to use GlassWire for blocking you can switch off our firewall and use GlassWire purely as a network security monitor.
I would recommend the following:
- Go to add/remove programs and uninstall GlassWire.
- Do you still have this issue happening? If so it’s most likely unrelated to GlassWire.
- Go to the Windows Firewall control panel and choose “restore defaults”.
- Reboot again.
- Is the problem now gone? If so it was related to your Windows Firewall rules, if not then it’s completely unrelated to GlassWire for sure.
- If everything is OK download our latest version and check the “clean install” and “reset firewall” boxes.
For anyone finding this topic later: Uninstalling Glasswire, rebooting, and installing Glasswire again with the ‘clean install’ and ‘reset firewall’ options selected fixed the problem.