Glasswire can't connect to the local server

Yes Joao on that websites home page if you click on the windows 10 -how to plug being spied upon in Windows 10 if you click on it it gives you details and then gives you a link to the download if you click on the download button open dns (US) blocks the website due to -a known phishing site and gives a virus code.

I ran a scan on virus total, 14 out of 54 antivurs said it was bad, candy something, adware… my antivirus and GW didnt said nothing about it…

and besides, I maybe found out why it is giving those errors, saying it contains viruses: it has offers!!
when you install, it asks to you if you want to instal wanderburst or wanderboost and pc mechanic (i think it’s the one). maybe that’s why antivirus are detecting donotspy as adware or phishing…

Yes Joao I found the same .open candy is now part of many free apps on cnet .com/download.com and many other popular download sites this app-do not spy 10 includes 2 or more trojans .Open Candy re-directs ,uses advert popups and sells your info to commercial interests and a lot more . This removes any confidence in this website. Although I pay for comprehensive virus protection it is built into Windows so MS has control over it therefore I have other virus testers etc . Business tech state dont rely on one virus protection although only one can be run live. Can you now see how much Windows operating system is open house to hackers/Trojans /root-kits etc just because MS insist on "back-door " control .

I did a monitored install, run it, used it to activate and deactivate the tweaks, and shut it down. than uninstalled it using the monitored instalation.
the result was more than 1 hundred files changed on windows registry, most of them on: hkey_local machine, and HKey_users. it made changes more precisely on things like: hkey_localmachine>…

current lang
windows (including: w defender, WMDRM, windows search, personalization, etc…)
wow6432node>features
system>enabledenyGP
system>system restore (maybe is here where is saves the restore point?)
windows>global

and more, but I think that what I mencioned are the tweaks, and they are not related to the program, I dont think donotspy would put 189 archives under W registry…

More than 100 file changes in the registry -wow ! even I am impressed by this app pretty powerful glad you did a monitored install and removed it.

yeah, but I really think they are the tweaks. anyway, I did not cleaned it, becouse it’s windows registry, and I dont know in what way it can affect me. I will just stick to a registry cleaner instead…

and, since I am like a maniac for security, can you tell me if this is a good set for optimization and security???

• 360 total security (my current antivirus, it includes some funcionalities, like windows cleaning)
  • auslogics disk defrag
  • web companion from lavasoft (I did not installed this one)
  • net balancer (for network monitoring)
  • Advanced uninstaller pro
  • system explorer (explore windows process, to look for any virus among them)
  • IM-Magic partition resizer free (format things, nothing more)
    and since your always on tech links, do you know a free version of Internet download manager?? I tried many softs, but none reached the speed of IDM…

which would you change from this list? I am outdated… I use this set for some years, except for 360TS…

Tech links dont go in for free downloads of programs not the ones I visit anyway being business professional not tech info sites run by geeks .IDM is good but it costs .I have system explorer but I also have Process Hacker 2 this is 100 % reliable BleachBit Emsisoft Emergency Kit PrivaZer cleaner .A new one taken from a recommended business website is Pestudio.exe this is unusual in that to test a program for viruses you drag and drop its exe onto it ,in other words you dont start it to test it so the virus doesnt know its being tested . It displays a wealth of info if you are intom security you will like it it also goes to virus total but displays threads and much more.

I use, well, used on my windows 7 kaspersky emergency kit, I dont know if its better or worst…
yeah, IDM has a cost, I am now using a trial version, but I want a new one, free, but I cant find a program as good as IDM…

well, unfortunately, bleachbit its not compatible, as well as process hacker…
only peStudio and privazer are compatible, since techspot says windows (all) for pestudio and privazer is compatible with W10.

I will try them, now, later I say something about them.

so I tryed both programs. privazer seems very efficient, it’s user friendly and easy to configure and besides I can creat a restoure point and sava W reg files, which is good.
pestudio… not so much… I dont understand how will I find virus on an exe archive…
I cant read it, it does not tell how to interprete the info it shows, no tutorials…

Thats the problem with petstudio its meant for professionals and doesnt provide less tech answers . I have been told to allow others to answer here on this subject so I dont want to break the rules so I wont be posting any more on this particular post. Nice talking to you Joao.

yeah better do that, i’ve questioned that a lot of times… anyway, thank’s for the help!