GlassWire Disconnects Sparodically

After a day, the problem has not appeared.

WSA and GlassWire are clearly interacting at the Firewall with “Ask To Connect” working sometimes and WSA working the other times.

1 Like

Now I have a definite problem interaction between WSA and GlassWire which looks like it relates to this topic.

GlassWire Ask To Connect notifications weren’t happening most of the time so I turned WSA firewall blocking off:

1. Go to WSA | Advanced Settings | Firewall / Web Shield
  • Select Allow all processes to connect to the Internet unless explicitly blocked which is the default setting.

Some time later - as much as 75 minutes later so it may not be related - GlassWire momentarily, for less than a minute, lost connection on the Usage tab.

Immediately after this I received all four GlassWire Firewall Ask To Connect notifications that I had not received since I changed the WSA setting:

• two for new applications (Vivaldi and MX5 web browsers) I’d since uninstalled
  • one for CCleaner which I’d used to uninstall the applications.
  • one for Skype which I’d run to test the camera in relation to another issue in GlassWire

@CoreParadox, my problem may be different than your problem because:

• the reconnection happened almost immediately…
    Do you ever get such a short disconnection?

• … so I didn’t have to reboot.
    Do you have to reboot every time?

• it may relate to restoring the default Firewall setting in WSA.
    Have you changed that WSA | Advanced Settings | Firewall / Web Shieldsetting from the default?

Well, I installed some upgraded parts in my PC today, and the issue has yet to appear in about 6 hours of use, I’m wondering if reconnecting the Ethernet cable after plugging everything back in somehow resolved it… I’ll report back soon with an update.

1 Like

Hi @CoreParadox Core did you know that you can have Webroot monitor Glasswire app by entering the name under Identity Protection > Application Protection tab> on the right hand bottom click on add application ?

1 Like

Yup, I had whitelisted it there too. But luckily after installing these new components and re-imaging windows, I have not had this issue resurface.

1 Like

@CoreParadox good news! Thanks. :relaxed:

Excellent. WSA is causing me no problems now that it is not controlling any blocking. I’ll run WSA until the trial expires.

1 Like

I keep getting “internet connection lost”. Why is this happening?

Some of us users get a lot of “Internet connection was lost” alerts for no obvious reason apart from known causes like our computer going to sleep or hibernating or our network adapter being put into power-saving mode.

@Ken_GlassWire, I haven’t been able to work out what is causing the unexplained alerts on my network but I am planning to swap in other routers and see what happens in each case.

We have the Internet Connection Lost alert disabled by default because many PCs disconnect from the network while sleeping, or while idle. To see this alert you would have had to turn it on, and if you find it annoying you can go to settings/security and click “Internet access monitor” to disable it.

This alert can be useful for desktop PCs that don’t sleep on ethernet but it can be annoying for notebooks.