GlassWire Feature request - Custom Website/IP Blocking

Unfortunately, a very recent update from GlassWire didn’t include any date but @Ken_GlassWire may be able to provide an estimated timeframe:

Hello. is this “feature” now availible?
because i bought it and i cant block ip’s ?! only Applications?

That takes 4 years?

It looks like the product will not be developed any further?

@Smudo

We are developing GlassWire all the time, in fact our change list is here https://www.glasswire.com/changes/ and we just released an update this week! Also, you may notice I work hard to support users and answer them all the time in the forum here. Do you see all my posts and replies? We work really hard to help our fans and we are grateful for their support!

We have tested host blocking a bit and we have found technical issues, plus we have done some polls with our large email newsletter list to see what our fans want and this isn’t high on their list.

Saying that though, we still have this on our “to do” list.

Please let me know more details about how you plan to use host blocking with GlassWire and why it’s so useful for you? It will help us understand the best way to implement this feature.

1 Like

I would always recommend testing the trial version before purchase, before deciding if it’s right for you. You can test the full GlassWire with all features free for 7 days.
https://www.glasswire.com/faq/

1 Like

Good Afternoon Ken,

I agree with Smudo that it should not take 4 years to develop a simple feature that most Network Administrators and regular people need! This feature of blocking individual and/or URL should have been added to GlassWire years ago! Please release this feature as soon as possible. Is it so much to ask to release a feature that most people need and want?

1 Like

I have problem with filezilla when my website

Any updates on this? Seems like this would be a good feature considering it’s been requested for 4+ years now. Had to join the forum just to ask, PLEASE, make this feature? I’m begging you Ken. :heart:

1 Like

@User415 Thank you for your feedback.

Just created an account to give some feedback.
I am a macOS user and use Little Snitch, but was trying to find an alternative
for Windows for family, friends and me when I have to work with windows.

Here is a simple example, why you would want to block specific connections of an app:

As seen in the picture, Spotify tries to connect to facebook via 2 domains. This is something not wanted by me and therefore blocked. There are other examples like trackers from hotjar, segment, doubleclick etc. to name a few that are tracking your behaviour on websites. Those are not blocked by adblockers and something you won’t even notice.

I myself also don’t buy this product, as it doesn’t have this feature since years. Therefore I’m also not on the mail list, which sry to say to me just seems to be an excuse.
Blocking custom websites, domains, ip’s etc. has tremendous power.

As a new user I could only post 1 media. Here is the example of chromes connection on different websites like youtube using doubleclick, hotjar etc.

1 Like

@FroZen_X

Wow, it’s very lame Spotify’s app connects to Facebook, but I guess it’s because Facebook is one of their logon methods. Thanks for these details so we can understand how host blocking can become more useful in the future.

Double checking the connection behind it, it wants to connect to the facebook api via graph.facebook:

Still something I never use and rather have blocked. Furthermore the search makes it super easy to find these things and you can then dig deeper.

2 Likes

Yes, GlassWire needs the ability to block individual connections to programs. I run a small game server and while its easy enough to jump over to the firewall and add an IP to my block rule it would be quicker and easier to do it from the UI in GW if there is a troublesome player (cheater) ruining the game…

It’s nice to be able to copy the IP from Glasswire as it is though. It’s easier than opening and searching server logs or scrolling back in the server console to find it.

Maybe make it an advanced option hidden in the settings to enable this feature? That and a warning message on enabling it might prevent the average user from accidentally blocking an important connection.

2 Likes

@crysecurity

Thanks for explaining this scenario where per-app host blocking would be useful with GlassWire. We appreciate your details and feedback.

I have the same problem

1 Like

Any update please @Ken_GlassWire ? I am a paid user. Glasswire Pro. If you need some interns or something, (i get some exp and you build something great :slight_smile: ) I am ready to help.

Thanks for your feedback. We are still considering it.

I know you are. But how long, @Ken_GlassWire ? If we can at least get a roadmap of what you are working on currently and the planned features, that would be a little better than not knowing if you even have it in the list. Now that there is an open source competition, you’ll really need to pick up your game. Google for Github safing/portmaster and you’ll find out what I’m talking about.

1 Like

I will discuss the roadmap idea with our team. Sorry for the delay on this feature.

I will check out that app, thanks!

I would realy enjoy a feature to block ip’s / ranges … or even countries too
please consider this! :slight_smile: