GlassWire no longer reporting usage accurately - any way to fix it?

As of three days ago my GlassWire is no longer working correctly. Total usage reported (I use the month setting) is fluctuating widely - eg. earlier tonight it was shown as 4.6Gb, a few minutes later the total was shown as a few Gb more, then it was shown as several Gb less, and now it’s 936Mb. Some days even report negative usage!

Trying to clear the history via Settings has not worked - the data is still there after clearing and even after exiting and restarting GlassWire! Uninstalling and reinstalling the program with the latest updated version also has not helped; after reinstallation, the same bizarre data shows up again.

Is there anything else I can try to make my GlassWire work correctly again? I love this program and would hate to have to switch to something else.

While I was writing this, the “total data” went back up to 2.6Gb… and I wasn’t even connected online while writing…

Thank you for any and all help!

1 Like

@Sophisticatmom

I have never heard of negative data usage before. It sounds like something is seriously wrong.

Please uninstall GlassWire in add/remove programs, then go to www.glasswire.com and download our latest version. Then when installing with GlassWire’s installer choose the “clean install” option in the installer.

Hello Ken,

IT WORKED!!! :heart_eyes: Evidently the “clean install” did the trick. I feel rather dumb for not even noticing that option when un- and re-installing the program before. Duh.

Thank you VERY VERY MUCH for your help! :heart: And thank you also for this excellent program in the first place. I’ve had it for about six months and it has become one of the most-relied-upon tools in my computer.

1 Like