Glasswire not tracking mobile data usage on Android 10

@Sleepy

Please run GlassWire, then go to our bottom right menu and choose “send feedback” and include a screenshot if possible.

Also, if you could uninstall our app, reboot, then reinstall accepting all permissions it might solve your issue. Perhaps a third party app or something blocked the permissions we need to run.

Hello everybody,
After about six months of perfect operation, GlassWire failed to track some mobile data usage today. A MIUI update arrived, and because I exceptionally have a generous amount of mobile data remaining in the monthly data plan, I decided to perform that update using mobile data instead of Wifi.
Well, GlassWire failed to track the about 430 MB of traffic used by that update. I wasn’t able to determine if this miss was due to phone restart after update or some other reason. MIUI tracked that traffic correctly, but GlassWire missed it.
After I noticed this I performed a test using Ookla Speedtest app, and the used traffic was tracked. Please consider investigating whether MIUI updates are skipped by data monitoring of your application. Unfortunately this could have been the last MIUI update for my device, so I can’t perform further tests.
Device: Xiaomi Mi 9.

@Trinitrotolueno

Sorry for the issue.

Perhaps the update temporarily disabled our permissions, or access to the API we use to count data. It’s strange that your MIUI phone has different stats from our app because the API we use pulls the stats from your phone, so it should match up exactly.

Well, except for this occurrence, the values shown by the system and GlassWire are usually the same with negligible variations. But now the application failed to count the amount of data used by the update. I still hoped it would retrieve those data values back from system, but no. There is now a difference of about 430 MB between the values reported by the system and the values reported by GlassWire.

@Trinitrotolueno

Strange. I will report this issue and we’ll see if something can be done for the future. Sorry for the problem and thank you for your detailed report.