Glasswire Pricing - Opinion

Please join the email list and be on the lookout for future sales! Sorry about the currency issues and thanks for considering upgrading.

I can sympathise as some of my earliest posts are similar to yours. I’m in New Zealand so I had the same problem. :sob:

I used the free version until I could get a cheap deal. :relieved:

Not trying to subvert Glasswire, but another alternative until you can get that lower cost is to buy the basic and rotate the activation if you want to use a different machine as your main Glasswire client. Otherwise, you can use the free version on two machines and change the machines you monitor with that free version.

All of that is quite inconvenient and I doubt anyone wants to run like that for very long, but it is a workaround until you either decide the value is there at any price, save enough to make the payment, or catch a good deal.

You can move your code between computers. Go to the top left GlassWire menu and choose “deactivate” to release the code before moving it, otherwise you may be asked to contact the helpdesk for help.

1 Like

well while the price does look high at first glance it seems reasonable. (Disclaimer I got a License free of charge)
while the Basic License clocks in with a 50$ which certainly is not cheap, you are still on a one-time payment. with the Pro you have 100$ for 3 machines, lowering it to 33$ per machine and with the Elite which certainly isnt cheap in general with a 200$ you have to consider it’s for 10 machines, meaning you have a price of just 20$ per machine, so from that perspective the pricing seems fairly valid in my opinion.

While I do have to agree that subscriptions generate a more steady flow of income, I think a lot of people dont like to pay for subscriptions and I am really thankful that GW isnt subscription based.

2 Likes

I will be sticking to the free version here. Even though I would need it for multiple machines the Pro version would be $145 CDN vs the Basic version of $72 CDN. The Elite at $292 is way the heck out of my ballpark even though I could make use of 5 connections as it stands now.

Coming from someone who has over 12-years in I.T./INFOSEC…the program is great. However I would not spend more than 19.99$ “maybe maybe” 25$ for basic

I am using the free trial version and will not pay or recommend or do a youtube video on it until a price-drop.

https://www.thedarkdad3.com

If you’re using the free version then why not do a YouTube video on those features? Why not let people know how great it is? Who knows, maybe you’ll get some further benefit if the GlassWire people are appreciative of the effort and a good review. Personally, I’d appreciate a good video about GlassWire specifically looking at it from a gamer’s perspective.

(Edit) Apparently, this guy got a key to try it out for his review:

I’m not sure that your desire for a lower price should be used to “force” a price drop in the manner of “if you don’t give me what I want then I won’t do anything to help you.” At best you appear controlling and ungrateful; at worst you come across as resentful and spiteful. Think about it. You’re not only using GlassWire for free but you’re now promoting your own website in their forum.

I’m not saying this because I disagree that the prices should be lower - I said this many times myself.

You can wait for a special and eventually got it a lot cheaper as I did. There have been a few sales in the last two years so it is worth getting on the mailing list if you’re not already:

It’s more a Information Security/I.T. Professional Aspect vs Gaming aspect (point of view)

I am not knocking the product. I have a fairly complex network and I think it does what it is suppose to do on top of other hardware software I run.

Again, the pricing needs to get fixed permanently. If they are doing fine financially that’s great! I am sure they don’t need the revenue. However in this day and age it wouldn’t take much to make something similar at a discounted rate and knock them off permanently.

1 Like

Yes, some direct competition, which doesn’t exist at the moment, could reduce the price but it wouldn’t end the business.

1 Like

FYI, there is a competing product which suggests that GlassWire pricing is competitive. I forgot about it because it focuses on network monitoring and bandwidth quotas. GlassWire is primarily a security program with network monitoring which is what makes it rather unique.

Networx, which was free, became a paid product last month, December 2016. It costs USD29 on a single device but only has one year of updates and support. GlassWire’s price of USD49 for a lifetime of support and updates appear much more reasonable in comparison.

Edit: Actually, the Networx price page says USD29 for a single home license so business users pay USD49 but when you look at the license it is for five devices (but still only one year of updates and support). My overall assessment doesn’t change because I should have added that GlassWire allows up to three remote devices to be monitored and there are unlimited free installs.

I’d still like GlassWire Basic to have a cheaper option for home users.

Ok, sorry to just come in on this thread, but have to agree pricing is way out in my opinion. It’s not that your product is not worth this much, it’s more that it’s considerably more than I’m prepared to pay. Perhaps your sales figures don’t agree, and all is good your end. It is after all your company, but for such a useful and well reviewed product I can’t help thinking you’re losing huge potential sales.

I buy plenty of software. I have a $20 lifetime VPN, I buy occasional wordpress plugins for $5-20 if they will save me time, and have good reviews, and work! But I also have Adobe Suite, and Ableton Live, but these provide me with income, not something to just give me peace of mind and security when I need it. Its about the comparable value. free network tools exist and I’ve always had an extra free firewall. I actually think your product is good, I’ve used ot for 9 months on free level and there’s reasons why I would upgrade to pro. But $99 (for pro) is definitely too much for me. And in fact having been holding on for some sort of sale (like there was this time last year, where you could get it for $29) it looks like that’s not going to happen again,and I need to look elsewhere to do some of the things I need. I can’t help thinking you’re missing out on revenue and publicity by having an occasional sale, or permanently reducing your pricing to what I believe is a better market level for people to use on their home pc’s…

So, I’m now about to uninstall Glasswire, which I liked, and would have upgraded to pro for a fee I can warrant, and try out the latest free offering from, most likely comodo. (though issues I had last year with them are why I ended up trying your software, as well as liking your monitoring views). Maybe my smaller $$ not important to you, which may be true, and your market research might be spot on, but something, including this thread, makes me wonder if you’re not missing something, I feel I am by not being able to warrant buying your pro product

Anyway, thanks for providing a free version, I thought it was a good product. I just need that little bit more…

Thanks for your feedback. Please join our email list for occasional deals https://www.glasswire.com/download/.

Also, I just looked into Comodo and it costs $40 per year, so I have trouble understanding why it would make more sense to switch to them for financial reasons. But if you like Comodo more it’s OK. We will try to improve more so you’ll consider GlassWire in the future.

GlassWire 2.0 will be a big improvement and I hope you’ll consider trying it.

Thanks for replying, and I’ve signed up to your newsletter, and for the record, I don’t like Comodo so much! but they do actually have a free firewall, but I’d consider it inferior to yours, and will likely come with some bloatware or similar…we’ll see. Thanks again.

GlassWire Pro and Elite are available with 50% off for two days only.

I’m mentioning this to those in this topic who haven’t mentioned signing up for the newsletter. I apologize if you have already been notified:
@thedarkdad3
@jwm4
@voltagex
@TyRizian
@Chas

And a couple of other users who mentioned the expense in other topics:
@FiB3R
@Dieter_Reimann

GlassWire 50% discount for Pro/Elite
GlassWire 1.2.96 was just released this week. Use the coupon “NewYear50” in the next two days for a 50% discount off GlassWire Pro or Elite.

Buy GlassWire Pro or Elite (50% off with coupon “NewYear50”)

This GlassWire update allows you to right click your tray icon to quickly change your firewall status from “Click to block” to “Ask to connect” or “Block all” mode. To see the full list of changes for this update check out this blog post.

2 Likes