Glasswire service continually does 1 MB/sec I/O

Now running Glasswire 1.0.35b on Windows 8.1 64 bit. The Glasswire service continually does over 1 megabyte per second of I/O, which seems excessive. Is there anything I can do to reduce this?

Are you monitoring another server with GlassWire or what is it sending bandwidth in/out to?

Current setup monitors only a single (local) computer, the one running Glasswire. No other server is monitored. I’m not sure what you mean by ‘sending bandwidth in/out to’.

I thought you meant I/O in and out.

I was referring to the amount of input/output being performed by the Glasswire service as shown by Process Hacker 2. 1 MB per second seems excessive.

Is the GlassWire UI visible when you see this problem? If so try minimizing it by closing it.

From the moment I start the service (GWCtlSrv.exe), it’s doing all that I/O. I don’t even have to start the UI. Looking at this in a bit more detail, I can see that the I/O is all reads.

Hold up, I just noticed the GW service is doing something with Networx. I stopped Networx and the I/O stopped. I have another post about Networx - I’ll post this there.

As of version 1.0.40b, this issue persists. However, given that the general stability and compatibility of Glasswire have improved to the point where I can now leave it running all the time without any undesired effects, this is less of a concern.

1 Like