Glasswire service start fail

I had installed glasswire ver 2.1.152 in windows 7 (virtual machine hosted in vmware workstation 11.1.4), then i started glasswire gui unsuccessfully. I comapre other glasswire installed in windows 7 (physical machine), i found the glasswire control service was missed in windows 7 (virtual machine). And i reinstalled glasswire still can not found that service. Check folder C:\ProgramData\GlassWire\service\log is nothing here… Would somebody help me? Thanks!

@androidforever612

It sounds like a very new Windows 7 install, is that correct? Could you run Windows update on it then reboot and try to install GlassWire again with its “clean” install option?

me too%E6%8D%95%E8%8E%B7

@wangjie

If you uninstall GlassWire in add/remove programs, then reboot (important), then reinstall using our installer’s “clean install” option, does it solve it?

It still failed, until i install old version 2.0.
I used it normally, but glasswire service can not found once i upgraded to 2.1.152.
Then i uninstall it, retried old version it returned to normal state.

1 Like

Thanks for this detailed info.

If you use our current version (2.1.152) do you get any .dmp files on the desktop when the service fails to start? The .dmp file would signal there is a crash, and if you send us that file we can find the cause.

If you do not get a .dmp file could you try collecting logs? It will help us determine the cause of the issue.

I’m sorry for this issue. Let’s find the cause!

Could you email us some logs? It will help us diagnose the problem.
https://www.glasswire.com/contact/

• Stop the GlassWire service;
  • Copy log.conf to C:\ProgramData\GlassWire\service
  • Start the GlassWire service and reproduce the problem
  • Send us the logs from C:\ProgramData\GlassWire\service\log

Log.conf should be a notepad file called exactly “log.conf” with these two lines only:
log_path=c:\programdata\glasswire\service\log
log_level_file=-1

IMPORTANT: log.conf cannot end in .txt so please be sure to remove that extension on the file or this will not work.

Dear Sir:

Thank you for your help, glasswire old version 2.0 work normally now. 

In order to finish my job smoothly, i would like use it first.
And i will try version 2.1.215 again in free time with your suggestion, thank a lot anyway~