Glasswire shows no traffic, or is missing traffic

Restarting the glasswire service allows the traffic to show for a while, but not nearly at the rate that is on my adaptop. Watching Youtube live feed, bursts of 3-4Mbps, and glasswire shows nothing, or low traffic. Bursts in graphs dont match.

@chops88

GlassWire’s service appears not to be running. Our service is required to monitor data usage.

Please go to add/remove programs and uninstall GlassWire, then reboot, then reinstall using our “clean install” option. Perhaps something is corrupted.

Ive checked that, and restarted it a few times. Even if the traffic shows up its far too low for streaming video, and it keeps dropping out.

restarted again - sorta worked for about 5 mins then:

It is not normal for the graph to show “Loading data…” so our service is not running. Are you seeing a .dmp file on your desktop?

yes. I have a .dmp file.

exception code 0xC0000409

It appears our service is crashing, that’s why it is generating a .dmp file.

Normally I’d ask you to transfer this .dmp file to us on our contact page but we’re about to release a major update in the next few weeks that has a rewritten backend. If you’d like to get that update earlier you can join our beta email list.

Meanwhile if anyone else is having this error you can also try running Windows Update. Some very old Windows version that aren’t updated can have this issue but if this does not apply to you then please ignore that suggestion.

Thanks for your patience while we work to release the major update coming soon.

Thanks - ill try the beta. Im on 1909. I also paid for the program, so Im a little bummed about that. Hopefully you’ve got it sorted in the new rel.

@chops88

Our latest version is 2.1.167. You can get it from www.glasswire.com. If you go to the top left menu and choose “About” what does it say you are using there?

I’m on 2.1.167 - “more characters so I can meet the 20 char limit”.

1 Like