Glasswire version 2.2.258

Hi Ken,
I installed the last version (2 tries) and all my data & settings have disappeared !
However, the last 2 options during installation were not checked (restore Windows Firewall settings and clean install).
I’m still under Win 8.1 x64

1 Like

Sorry
I see now that there is already a post about this.

@Belga

Thanks for your report. What version of GlassWire did you use previously, do you remember by chance?

If you go to our top left menu and choose “About” what version of GlassWire does it say you have? Does it say “Lite”?

Also something else… if you are using Lite (and in case anyone else in the future is reading this) just go reinstall our latest normal non-Lite GlassWire version and your non-lite history should appear again.

We include a warning about this in the Lite installer.

@Belga

Could you send me a screenshot of the folders you see here? It will help us diagnose the issue.
C:\ProgramData\GlassWire

If you want to send it to me privately just click my name in the forum, or email it to me and include a link to this forum post so I know what it’s about. https://www.glasswire.com/contact/

@Belga

We should be able to help you restore your previous settings. Could you give these instructions a try?

• Stop the GlassWire Service in Windows Services in the task manager.
  • Open C:\ProgramData\glasswire
  • Rename the existing service-full directory to service-full-backup.
  • Make a copy of the existing service.backup_2020.10.XX-XX.XX.XX and rename it to service-full
  • Run notepad.exe as administrator and open C:\ProgramData\glasswire\service-full\glasswire.conf
  • Set DbStorageDirectory = C:\ProgramData\glasswire\service-full and save changes.
  • Run GlassWire service.
  • Run GlassWire.exe. The history, configuration, firewall rules should be restored.

@Belga

What previous version of GlassWire did you use before this one?

@ Ken
version was 2.2.241.
I’m using Elite version.
In Program Data, the folder of Glasswire contains 3 other folders:
service … 06/10/2020
service.backup_20200607_174137 … 10/07/2020
service.backup_20200710_194757 … 10/07/2020
I’ll do a test of your solution and gives feedback.

1 Like

Instructions don’t work Ken !
I went back to my old situation (version) with Rollback Rx.

1 Like

I restarted the procedure with a clear head and it works Ken !
Sorry for responding too quickly.
Best regards

1 Like

A new version with a fix is now released. I apologize for this issue and thanks for your detailed report so we could fix it!

Thanks for info Ken.
Is it useful to install this new version or not?

@Belga

I don’t think it will hurt to install it, but if everything is working well for you now then it is not necessary.

OK, meanwhile i did it on one PC and it’s always the same thing.

@Belga

What’s the same thing? I am not sure I understand.

Same problem : everything is gone again.
So I’m repeating yesterday’s procedure, but I can’t do this step : “Run notepad.exe as administrator and open C:\ProgramData\glasswire\service-full\glasswire.conf”.
There is not such a file now in the folder!
I then deleted the contents of the Glasswire directory in Program Data and replaced it with the contents of yesterday’s snapshot of Rollback Rx. Everything is OK so and the version of Glasswire is 260.

@Belga

Nobody should ever have to repeat that procedure again. The new version of our software just updates GlassWire and no settings will be lost.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding you.

I think there’s been a misunderstanding, Ken.
I didn’t say that the parameters were lost, but that a file was missing to redo yesterday’s procedure.

2 Likes