Glasswire won't connect (new install in Windows 10)

I’ve recently installed Glasswire, on Windows 10, but it doesn’t want to connect. It attempts to connect, but stalls, stating The Glasswire service stopped running.

I use MalwareBytes & Bullguard internet protection, with both seeming to have no problem. I’ve also added Glasswire to Windows Firewall settings as an approved app, but nothing happens.

Can anyone help, please?

@kelvinhanratty

Can you run Windows 10 updates so your OS is up to date, then uninstall GlassWire, reboot, then reinstall using our “clean” install option?

1 Like

Thanks, looks to have resolved the issue. Not sure why it didn’t want to work the first time when I installed it for the first time. Is there a problem with the software doing this?

@kelvinhanratty
I think there are some stability problems with Windows versions that haven’t had the latest updates, but it’s not only our software that will fail in that scenario. Lots of other software has problems with certain Windows versions that are not updated at all for many years.

1 Like

At the time of installation, Windows was up to date. Today it provided two updates before I uninstalled, and reinstalled, and it worked. Thanks so much for your help, I was going insane wondering why it wasn’t working.