GW 1.1.15b can't find the Qt platform plugin "windows"

I just paid for and downloaded GW 1.1.15b and installed it on my wife’s desktop, my laptop, and my desktop. Two of the installations were successful. However, on my desktop when GW tries to start a message comes up that "This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin “windows”.

Reinstallation and rebooting were recommended, and I did both a couple of times, but the problems persists.

I suspect that the problem may have something to do with the fact that this machine has the Qt development system on it.

There is an earlier post about this problem from January 2015, but no reply to it other than someone was looking into it.

Any ideas on the best way to proceed?

Another QT developer emailed about this problem also. We’re working on a fix and we hope to have an update out in around two weeks. I apologize for the problem.

We fixed this problem. If you would like to email our helpdesk I can send you an updated version of GlassWire that solves this. We will release a public update in two weeks that fixes this.