High CPU usage since yesterday


since yesterday I am experiencing a very high CPU usage from Glasswire 1.0.25b on Windows 8.1 64 bit. I tried to reinstall the application but the problem persists and it seems like I won’t be able to get rid of it without deleting its configuration files, too.

I have a Phenom II X4 CPU with 3 GHz, which means that task managers under Windows will report a fully loaded core as 25% CPU load. This is what I am seeing with the Process Explorer:



(I had to put a * at the beginning of the URLs because the forum does not allow new users to post images.)

As you can see, both processes are hammering two of my 4 cores permanently and under these conditions I am forced to uninstall it. I was ok with the high memory usage because the development is still in an early state but I can’t let it preoccupy my CPU all the time.

Do you need any additional informations about my setup? Are there any logs or config files which could help you to pin down this issue?

Are you using any high bandwidth applications like Bittorrent?

Currently not. Even with Bittorrent the CPU usage never got that high. I also have a NAS connected over a Gigabit network and that did also not cause so much load in Glasswire.

I’m also having this issue. I’m seeing 2/8 cores spiked, one by Glasswire and one by the control service.

The Glasswire application pauses a lot while “waiting for connection.”

Looking at it in process explorer, the connection from the service to the client keeps terminating and reopening on a different port.

Process Explorer utilization graph:

Process Explorer thread list:

(“new users can’t post images”)

1 Like

We will continue to improve resource usage as time goes on. A new update is on the way. Sorry for the problem.

I just installed the new 1.0.28 beta and I don’t see this issue anymore. :smiley:
Now I will leave it running again and I will report any further issues, if they appear.

1 Like

That’s great news! I am getting ready to announce this new version everywhere.