Linux Client Service monitor from Windows

Good day everyone.

So I’m a security engineer and I have so home labs going on always on my Virtualization Server.

I always find the need to reverse malware or analyze everything. Comes really handy when I install Glasswire and check all the subprocesses and threads and connections a malware does in my malware lab :slightly_smiling_face: I like Glasswire for all the information it provides me, but I feel sometimes is a great tool with missing potential.

So I would like to make a suggestion, Linux client. I know it’s been requested since 2017…already a long time…I know it is always hard to prioritize Linux since ROI is hard for such a niche platform.

But, what if we could get the best out of both worlds? Not develop a full Glasswire App for Linux, but just a Linux service that connects and reports everything to a Glasswire Windows Desktop. It would be really useful for IT-OPS and Security side. Ex:

My Windows Server 2019 Hyper-v has Glasswire Server Service running, reporting everything to my Client Desktop, so are all my Windows Virtual Machines. If I could do the same with my Linux Server Virtual Machines inside that same Host…I would have full visibility of my assets in a network perspective and security side. Just a small service on Linux I think is easy to achieve, others like Windscribe VPN have done it.

Would it be possible?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, we’d like to have agents for all the major operating systems in the future if possible. Having a Linux agent, or even a full version would be cool!

We’re a small company though so we don’t have the resources to work on this currently.

1 Like