Local Server Connection

Recently my application would start fine then about every 45 seconds it would disconnect and show “Connecting to Local Server”. This continues to cycle constantly. Any cures?

1 Like

Sorry for the issue. If your history isn’t important, can you go to add/remove programs and uninstall GlassWire, reboot, then reinstall with “clean install” checked.

Please don’t use a third party uninstaller or this issue may continue.

I have followed your directions and a fresh copy of the software is re-installed. I was surprised it did not request me to reinstall the S/N. It ran for about 2 min without issue, then back to the same problem of disconnecting then “Connecting to the Local Server”. Usually connects on the first attempt but I have noticed it having to try several times (up to 3 attempts).

Do you see any .dmp files on your desktop? May I ask what other security software you are running?

I have been having the same issues with the last few GW updates and I sent an email to support with a short video of the said issue and tried clean reinstalls with reboots in between and I don’t know what to do to fix it. At this time it will not connect at all.

2021-11-25_14-17-57
2021-11-25_14-17-03
2021-11-25_13-46-50

I posted about it here: Connecting to local server

1 Like

@TripleHelix

Sorry for the issue. I see I posted some other tips in the previous thread, but they didn’t solve the problem.

Is there no way any other security apps you are using are killing our Windows Service somehow?

@Ken_GlassWire this is what support asked for!

2021-11-25_14-36-02
2021-11-25_14-37-00
2021-11-25_14-37-23

Also.

After a reboot it’s working again but like the OP after a few minutes it starts Try to Connect to the Local Server…

2021-11-25_15-00-41
2021-11-25_15-01-03

It is possible a security app you use is killing our service? It’s quite strange it would just stop after a clean install.

No as I have disabled Webroot and VoodooSheild and it still does it.

2 Likes

Could you make logs and recreate the issue, and email them to us?

How do I make technical support logs with GlassWire?
-Stop the GlassWire service via the TaskManager.
-Open C:\ProgramData\GlassWire\service-full (or -lite, depends on the version the user runs). - In your case I believe it’s full.
-Open glasswire.conf as administrator.
-Set the following parameters and save the file:

LogLevel = 255
LogEnabled = true

Start the GlassWire service via the TaskManager.
Repeat the problem and wait a few minutes.

Send us the logs from C:\ProgramData/glasswire/service-full/log (or service-lite, depends on the version)
Contact GlassWire - Please include a link to this thread. Please include a screenshot of your task manager also if possible.

Thank you for your report.

Done! Hope it helps!