Need more info when blocking applications

I’m using the As To Connect functionality with Glasswire’s firewall. I’ve blocked several things from the list which identify themselves as processes like “Update” or “Master Setup”. Obviously a few things have stopped working now (Update is actually a Discord process), but there’s no way to see in that list where the application comes from, or find out anything else about it, it’s just called “Update”. Could we get some more information about the application that requested internet access? I feel like I’m blocking things blindly without having all the required information at the moment.

This also applies when a new application requests access, the popup in the bottom right of the screen where you can Approve or Deny access only shows you the application name, which is often pretty vague. At the very least I’d like to see a filepath.

Thanks!

2 Likes

@codeknight

Under the Firewall tab click on the app icon and it will show details about it. For the “Ask to connect” window, we plan to add easier access to information on that window in the future.

Thanks!

Ah, thank you. I totally missed that, I’ve been expecting to be able to right click on stuff for info. Thanks!

Perhaps we should put a small “i” icon or something next to the app icon.

I was actually hopping on here to request this very thing. It’d be nice if app details were accessible everywhere that an app is listed.

For now, I just deny everything and then open the GlassWire UI, flip to the Firewall tab, scroll to find the app, and THEN check to see the details (hoping I got the right “update”).

It’s not a HUGE deal, but it is a minor pain.

I’m kind of doing the same thing. However, the list of apps is very long, and there are a lot of processes with the same name. There’s also no way to know which one most recently requested access. Could we get a sortable table by column, and display the file path and most recent connection attempt?

1 Like

A similarly unappealing workaround: If you can find the app on the graph/usage tabs. They seem to show even blocked apps. From there, you can look up the application’s path to identify it. Then switch to the firewall, find it again, and check each matching name for the matching path.

This isn’t a good solution, but it is a work-around.

2 Likes