Path depencency breaks/upsets firewall rules?

I have here two examples of where I blocked several of certain processes in Windows 10 for reasons not relevant to this discussion. I have come to notice that eventually the processes once again were “phoning home” as a result of the executables being relocated, seemingly as a result of Windows Update based on the “major.minor.patch.build” convention in the subdirectory name.

c:\program files\windowsapps\microsoft.getstarted_2.1.9.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\whatsnew.store.exe
c:\program files\windowsapps\microsoft.getstarted_2.3.4.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\whatsnew.store.exe

c:\program files\windowsapps\microsoft.microsoftofficehub_17.6307.23501.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\hubtaskhost.exe
c:\program files\windowsapps\microsoft.microsoftofficehub_17.6209.23751.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\hubtaskhost.exe

These come to light upon the “First network activity” alerts and not “Application info changed.”

The implications for Glasswire are:

1. For the free version, previous blocks are subject to defeat.
  2. For the paid version, the user will be subject to repeated “Ask to connect” alerts.

What say you? Thank you.

I have noticed similar behavior for Windows Error Reporting and other similar parts of Windows 10. For whatever reason Windows 10 has two “Windows Error Reporting” apps, and “Ask to connect” asked me to allow/deny them twice. At first I thought that GlassWire had a bug, but then I noticed that Windows Error Reporting was actually different from the one I already blocked and it was located somewhere else.

I think it’s a correct behavior for GlassWire to differentiate between these different parts of the operating system, otherwise someone could call their app the same name as Firefox, and then it would not show up in GlassWire as a separate app or a “New” connection.