Remember the sorting options on the Network tab

It would be nice if the sorting and display options on the Network tab were persistent (i.e. remembered across sessions).

I always choose to display by ‘IP’.

When I reboot, the display is back to ‘DNS’. Frustrating!

1 Like

@harkonnen

I remember this as an older bug. Are you using our most up to date version?

Yes, I’m using the latest version. v1.2.102

@harkonnen

I reported this to our team, thanks!

In the latest versions (including v1.2.118), what happens is:

The button you last selected on the Network tab (DNS / IP) is remembered across restarts, but the actual information displayed is still always DNS at first.

Example:

1. Click the ‘IP’ button on the Network tab.
  2. Restart the PC and have GlassWire automatically start with Windows.
  3. Go to the network tab and notice that the ‘IP’ button is still pressed. However, the DNS names are actually shown.
  4. In order to get IP addresses, you have to click the ‘DNS’ button and then the ‘IP’ button again.
2 Likes

@harkonnen

Reported to the team again, thank you. Sorry we did not include this in the latest update.

Is it going to be fixed?

@harkonnen

I just tested with GlassWire 2.0 (coming out in a couple weeks, which will be a free upgrade for you) and I changed the sorting by “first seen” then restarted the app and it keeps the settings.

What does the sorting by “First seen” (or any of the other columns) have to do with it? This thread is about the display of hosts by DNS name or by IP address.

Sorry, I tested with both options and they both held their settings after a restart of the application. Sorry for any confusion.

So after rebooting, the correct button from the last time was still pressed, and the hosts were still correctly displaying by name or IP address as you had chosen? Remember, I was saying that with version 1.2, the correct button is still selected after rebooting, but the display of the hosts was wrong.

Just to recap the test steps I posted earlier, which still currently affect the latest versions of 1.2:

1. Click the ‘IP’ button on the Network tab.
  2. Restart the PC and have GlassWire automatically start with Windows.
  3. Go to the network tab and notice that the ‘IP’ button is still pressed. However, the DNS names are actually shown.
  4. In order to get IP addresses, you have to click the ‘DNS’ button and then the ‘IP’ button again.

When you do the above steps with 2.0 you’re saying the issue is resolved?

@harkonnen

I just did exactly as you suggested (I rebooted and everything), and the issue was resolved. The update should be out December 15 or before.