Remote access restiction by IP not working properly

I am using release 2.2.268 and remotes are Windows 10 Pro 64bit PCs. If I don’t enter in an IP address restriction; it works fine. If I enter a IP address of a previously working PC; I can not connect remotely. This is because the restriction IP address is not retained/saved by the monitored/server PC. If I return to the previously screen that I used to set restricted IP address; it is blank, i.e. no IP address shown. Help!

Regards,
Speedy

@speedy

Sorry for the issue. Are the local and remote machines both using the exact same GlassWire version? I ask because we changed how the remote monitoring system works recently, so some old versions may not be cross compatible.

I wanted to ask that before trouble shooting because that would be a quick easy fix, you’d just need to update our software.

Hi Ken,
All at 2.2.268. I just tried connecting this morning with IP restriction off (Works as expected) and with IP restriction on (Can’t connect to the same IP just connected by previous test). I did receive an alert that it was connected to the same address, upon returning to off of IP restriction mode.

Thanks for quick response and further investigation.

Speedy

1 Like

Hi Ken,

Some addition LAN data and operational status data. My LAN is a private and local, class C with amixture of WiFi and Ethernet. All exhibit the same issue.
I believe the issue resides at the server end; as the entered IP value can be entered and seen in the list upon initial entry. If you go back to this same screen and look for the list of IPs; it doesn’t show that an IP address had previously been entered and retained.

Speedy

1 Like

I have shared this report with our team and we are now investigating. Thanks for posting these details so we can try to recreate this issue.

We were able to reproduce this. The fix will be available in our next release. Sorry for the issue and we are grateful you took the time to report this in detail. @Speedy

2 Likes

Hi Ken,

Glad it was reproducible and the fix will be in the next release. Have a good holiday. Thanks

Speedy

1 Like