Removing Uninstalled Apps from firewall list!

Tomorrow we will release an update that has this “remove app” functionality as you users requested. If you’d like to be a tester and test this early please email our helpdesk with “Tester” in the subject.

The update that solves this problem is now live.
https://www.glasswire.com/download/ Please upgrade.

Hover your cursor over any app to the the deletion “x”.

How do I remove from the “Firewall List” all entries for programs that don’t exist on the hard drive anymore?

I updated to the latest version and I can’t seem to figure out what was implemented.

YES, I am able to remove the WHOLE “inactive apps” section list… but that will also remove all applications that DO exist in the hard drive but that I have not loaded in a while. This is cumbersome.

Can you please add a fourth section (the first one is “Blocked Apps” , the second one is “Active Apps”, the third one is “Inactive Apps”)… say called “Uninstalled Apps”?

I’m a programmer (C++, Python, Ruby, JS, HTML, CSS, and Pascal) and I know is a simple (let me say it in super lay terms) IF-THEN-ELSE sort of statement. Not difficult to implement at all. I am paying for this and I would like to see that option.

I’ve requested this before but I got a reply simply avoiding the issue. I guess I should also avoid paying/renewing my subscription then.

I’ll go back to using TinyWall. It’s as good as this GlassWire, except it does not look this beautiful.

Again, why can’t you implement a section for only apps that have been uninstalled and no longer in the computer? That way, I can safely delete that whole section and I won’t have to confirm new rules for inactive apps (if I were to delete the “Inactive Apps” section as the GlassWire support sugests.

Please.

Thanks for your feedback.

You can mouse over any app you want to remove and a small x will appear, then click it. This is in all categories.

yourphone

See the x above?

I will ask again but I believe there is no reliable way to detect uninstalled apps unfortunately. Therefore apps with little activity will automatically go to “inactive apps” and get out of your way.

I do understand you wish your firewall list to be more clean though so I’ll ask if Windows has a way to detect if an app has been uninstalled without causing other unexpected issues. If I remember correctly I believe we switched to this “inactive apps” system because we could not detect uninstalled apps with 100% success.

Thanks for the reply…

Is not Windows who has to detect what apps have been uninstalled. This is something so simple to implement within Glasswire. Any programmer can implement a few lines of code where the software validates any entries in the Firewall LIST against the actual file in the hard drive.

To give you an idea in super lay terms:

IF “entry on firewall list” = TRUE, THEN = “active apps” or “Inactive apps”, ELSE = MOVE TO “uninstalled apps”

The “entry on firewall list” would be “code” that the programmer would also write to simply check the PATH of the file, on the hard drive… if it is found, then is TRUE, if the file is not found then is FALSE and the statement “ELSE” automatically understand this.

I mean, this is not even how is done in C++ or other programming languages… but this is just to illustrate how easy this is to implement.

By the way… I do see the X you are talking about… that’s not what I am requesting. With the “X” I would have to delete one entry at a time… what I want is to delete all non-existing apps entries in one go… I don’t want to look line by line… I don’t even want to figure out myself if the app exists or not… that’s why the software -PAYING SOFTWARE- is for…

This is either the second or third time that I am requesting this feature… the replies are similar to this: I don’t have a rolling cart to carry my groceries to the car from inside the store. Answer: “Do you see the exit door, if so, take one item at a time to your car”

I’ve been paying for the Elite version of Glasswire ($100) per year… I pay because is looks beautiful and logical to use, but is MISSING one super basic and important option that all other firewalls have. Tinywall is absolutely free and is a two way firewall too… it also works by using the built in Windows firewall, just as Glasswire does. But the looks are outdated… Oh well… in 30 days when my subscription expires I will go back to it.

Thanks anyway.

If you are asking the programmers and they tell you there is no way… then get new programmers. They are ripping you off.

Get a second opinion. Don’t take my word for it. Just ask casually a friend who you may know may be a programmer… they will laugh when you tell them that your company’s programmers are telling you that this is not possible.

And if the file is moved? Then what? Do you think it should be allowed access to the network? It’s a bit more complicated than that unfortunately.

In fact we have had hackers report different scenarios on HackerOne with our Bug Bounty program HackerOne. The firewall can be bypassed in some situations if you just check files by their location and remove them from the list.

Many major companies and organizations use our software so we take our firewall more seriously than other applications you may have used that have no bug bounty program and don’t care much about unusual scenarios and leaks.

SIR, all you have to say is “we don’t want to implement that feature at the moment.” With your reply, you simply embarrassed yourself/company and now I see that you have no real technical knowledge of how firewalls and program installation works.

FIRST, once a program is installed, the user (and no one really) SHOULD NEVER be moving the file location of any installed program… if so, the program will not run. Therefore, your question is… let’s just say I’m laughing.

For example: If I download Notepad++, the install file that gets downloaded, once it is opened, it will ask if I want the program called “Notepad++” to be installed (the default suggested path) at C:\Programs Files (x86)\Notepad++ and if I don’t object, well, it gets installed right there. In windows, once a program is installed, you never go and start moving it’s folder or files inside that folder, ever. So… once Notepad++ has been installed, there is a file called “notepad++.exe” inside the installation folder. Each time you want to use Notepad++ that file is the one that is opened/run. If that file ever gets moved from there the program will stop working, it will never open.

I am a programmer and also I am a tech coordinator for a huge company. If I were to rely on what you just said to purchase a firewall for my company, I assure you that I will not be using this product. I use a software firewall (Glasswire) at home only because is beautiful. That’s it. I use a software firewall (regardless if it is Glasswire or another one) simply to “see” and control who or what goes in and out FAST… I’m not worried about hackers at all. I have a hardware firewall for that. Everyone knows that software firewalls are only to monitor who goes in and out… they are not that reliable and in some cases they even slow down the computer way too much. Glasswire does not slow down the computer because it does not load any extra software aside from what Windows already has for firewall, and it looks so beautiful…

The bug bounty program is what everyone is doing now… not just “basic” sophisticated software. It’s another way to improve the software by recruiting the help of “curious” and “technical” people just so that when you sell your product is not going to be returned because it has way too many bugs. In other words “two heads think better than one” and you save a lot of money by not hiring true professional programmers to figure out the holes.

Any hacker can bypass any “software” firewall. Everyone knows this. Not knowing where a file is located is not helpful to any firewall. Any hacker knows exactly where Notepad++ gets installed by default. They don’t want to hack Notepad++… they want to hack your operating system… and guess what? All the files (and their path, location) that belong to the operating system are universally known by all hackers!!! When Windows gets installed, it never asks you where you want to install those files that belong to the operating system. It installs all files that belong to the OS to its default (set by Microsoft) folder and no user can change that… all those files location are KNOWN no matter what. So your explanation is… out of this world.

Please, simply say that your company “does not want to implement” the super simple request and that is that.

You just embarrassed your company. I can tell that you are just a sale rep… you have tried to insult my intelligence but instead you will be losing my business and possible whomever reads this thread.

Finally, the BEST software firewall of all has been known to be COMODO FIREWALL but it is way too complicated for what it does… and it can still be hacked. Yes, it’s free but all software firewall can be hacked and the computer speed takes a toll.

If people/companies are really serious about not being hacked and having an effective firewall, then they use a hardware firewall such as Zyxel ZyWALL, SonicWall, Ubiquiti Unifi Security Gateway, Fortinet, Cisco ASA, etc. just to mention some.

Having a software firewall such as Glasswire or Tinywall or Comodo is only to have some basic way of controlling who goes in or out, who is connecting to the internet or who is trying to connect to my computer… it can never be to seriously protect yourself from hacker. NO.

Please, simply say that your “company will not implement” the option… say no more. After discussing this with you I feel I wasted my time and my money.

If I would go instead and buy a hardware firewall… it will pay itself after 3 years (when compared to what Glasswire was costing me)… but I already have it. Maybe I will just upgrade the equipment.

I can see this feature is very important to you. Our team agrees with you.

In fact our Android app works exactly this way! Uninstalled apps have an uninstalled icon, and uninstalled apps are removed from the firewall.

If we can find a way to detect removed/uninstalled/deleted apps with Windows in the future a reliable way that does not introduce other unexpected security issues we’ll do so. We’ll just make it work like GlassWire for Android with uninstalled icons.

Meanwhile we have the inactive apps category that unused apps are moved to automatically after awhile, and you can mouse over any app you want to remove any time and click the “X” to remove it. It then resets the firewall rule for that app.

It’s not a conspiracy against you to ignore your suggestion. Our Android app works exactly the way you describe.

Thank you.

I do have it on my phone (Android). No complaints there.

I’ll wait and see how it goes with Windows. Again, I pay for Glasswire because is so beautiful… but I truly need that feature.

Than you. Again.

2 Likes

I found out the details of why this isn’t easy to do:

All Android apps, no matter if they are installed from Google Play or as an APK, are stored in an official apps storage system.

In addition, Android provides an API to get a list of installed apps. With Android we are able to get an actual list of installed apps and separate the traffic that belongs to the installed apps from the traffic that belongs to the uninstalled apps.

Windows is completely different. With Windows there is not an app storage system. As a result there is no way to get an accurate and confirmed list of installed apps.

Windows makes it impossible to know for sure if a certain app is uninstalled or not so if we remove the app it’s possible it could bypass the firewall or cause some other leakage problem.

We will continue to research in the future and see if there is a way for Windows to match Android. We agree the Android way is better but Windows makes this a more difficult problem than it seems it should be (as most things are with Windows). :slight_smile:

Actually there is a common location for installed programs to be listed. Gather that and then compare to the list GlassWire has. There you have it.

Windows installed software locations, via registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL

@Luis

Finally, the BEST software firewall of all has been known to be COMODO FIREWALL but it is way too complicated for what it does…

This is unfortunately a very inaccurate statement. The Comodo company is not one to be trusted, as they have had numerous issues over the years, and their support forums will remove posts that bring issues to their attention. Comodo was in the news several times for issue SSL certificates to known malware hosts! Once would have been understandable, but multiple times… that’s a problem. You cannot trust a company that does these actions, as it means their firewall could also allow said malware to pass through as trusted. They also did not rate very well on the firewall tests for many years.

I recall when ZoneAlarm was an amazing firewall, only to be bested by Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro. Ah, I miss that firewall, it was an amazing software that gave comprehensive security and protection, along with modes for entertainment and gaming.

Tarun,

Yes, those were the days… I tested/evaluated at least 30 different firewalls (for the company I work) over the years, including those you mentioned. My favorites were Outpost and Online Armor. ZoneAlarm was never good enough for me… I used it for at least a year, personally. I think I enjoyed the most Online Armor. Symantec used to make a nice one in the days of Windows XP, I can’t recall the name now.

About what you said:

“This is unfortunately a very inaccurate statement. The Comodo company is not one to be trusted, as they have had numerous issues over the years, and their support forums will remove posts that bring issues to their attention. Comodo was in the news several times for issue SSL certificates to known malware hosts! Once would have been understandable, but multiple times… that’s a problem. You cannot trust a company that does these actions, as it means their firewall could also allow said malware to pass through as trusted. They also did not rate very well on the firewall tests for many years."

• Let’s not mix products… CA are different technology than that of firewall software. COMODO, and many other companies who also sell CAs, always are on the news because of issues with the CA technology. Can you mention one firewall “software” that uses CAs?
  • If you are trying to appeal to being conscientious when talking about companies, their ethics, then don’t even get out of your house… from putting gas in your car, turning on the lights of you house, the shoes you wear… etc. Heck, even the government for that matter… it never ends, you will not find a “good” company.
  • Forum or not, we are talking here about how a software works, how reliable it is… the programmers who made Glasswire are different than those who run a forum. COMODO firewall is built and maintained at a different department than the ones who run the forum… the complaint about the COMODO forum is legit, but it is being used as a “bait and switch” here. I have posted many things (not to their liking) and they didn’t remove it. So, that’s my personal experience.
  • A lot of people keep complaining about some of the items being sold at Amazon as counterfeit. Amazon allows third party vendors to sell through them… it would be nice if Amazon could have a department to inspect all those items being sold by the outside vendors, but it’s not practical for them at the moment. The same is with COMODO and what they sell (CAs)… what you are asking is that COMODO (and all the SSL vendors, since COMODO is but one of many) should run a background check on all the customer buying their products and keep on checking on how it is being used… that’s… illogical to say the least. This is like asking Amazon to run a background check on all the customers who will be buying TurboTax through their website. Amazon does not care if Mother Theresa or a hacker is buying the software. They simply make a sale. The only solution to this problem is when the government steps in and puts in place a process by which those CAs are sold/purchased and traced. Ultimately, all servers and domain must be registered with their respective city, then the state, then the country, and that is the government (AINA, then ARIN - for us, look it up https : // bearsmyip . com /how-are-ip-addresses-assigned/ -remove the spaces in this link), so they should be the police of that.

If we talk about “trusting” COMODO’s technology (not the aspect of how many CA issues they have, etc. – by the way, Mac OS X and Windows are by far 1000% more problematic and more full of issues than COMODO, just saying), and I mean if we can trust what their firewall actually does, what it is supposed to do, what they advertise it can do, then the answer is: “its’s the better of the bunch”. There were in the past international independent firewall testing labs (mainly Germany and Japan) and COMODO kept being number one for years. Those testing labs are almost gone now… and the ones left are not that reliable. Heck, youtube testers probably are the best bet.

Yes, COMODO has had problems… but it was not because of their firewall software… it was because of their online “Certificate Authority (CA)” which many big online giants retailers use. What does a CA issue has to do with firewall software? A “CA” is a technology (a file actually) used to encrypt the communications between a server and a customer’s computer (specially) at the time of purchase or logging into your bank account so that the transaction cannot be “eavesdropped” – A firewall is software installed in your device to monitor which programs connect to the internet and who is trying to connect to your device from the internet, then you have the option to block or allow that connection. Basically, that’s it. What does COMODO’s “CA” problems have to do with how their firewall works or how reliable it is?

Just so you know, here is a quick list of the most well-known CA companies, and despite of their issues, year after year, COMODO keeps being either number one or second most popular in use: https : // en . wikipedia . org /wiki/Certificate_authority (remove the spaces… since I’m new in this forum, I’m not allowed to post links… and you complained about COMODO forum?)

But then again, that list is at Wikipedia… right?

Also, COMODO support forum is as good or bad as any other forum. For example, take Glasswire forum right here: All I get is a “go around the bush” type of reply. Worst even, any programmer will laugh at their answers and apparent lack of knowledge of what they talk about.

So, no matter how bad COMODO is spoken of on the news or online, the matter is that big companies keep using it because is one of “the better of the bunch.”

By the way, COMODO is now called SECTIGO, just so you know.

Also, every single time you visit an HTTPS – the “s” there, it means that website has been issue a CA for that connection, a certificate issued by COMODO, Symantec, or someone else. This CA technology is being faced out because of all the problems and holes… just like they faced out Flash Player… is not just COMODO.

Thanks for reminding me about the Windows registry option… but I, as a programmer (I developed software, maintain servers and websites) would prefer to use an OS independent way of validating the existence of a file in the hard drive. The idea I gave of “if-then-else” is the most logical and super easy to implement… although depending on the skill of the programmer and programing language used to compile the software, it will not be literally implemented that way (I analyzed Glasswire, their main files, and it was built/compiled with Microsoft Visual Studio v.14.0.2015, C++, at least the executables and some files I analyzed – very easy to implement/add a file existence validation). The “if-then-else” is a universal way (especially in classrooms) of expressing that programmability validation of a YES or NO option, that’s all (just saying, in case anyone wants to start arguing about that too).

What did you mean by “This is unfortunately a very inaccurate statement”? Can you provide some urls to independent firewall specialized testing? Good ones though, not Top Ten Reviews or magazine or similar (Av-TEST, Virus Bulleting BV100, and AV-Comparatives do not specialized on testing firewalls, they specialized on antimalware and as a side effect conduct a minimal firewall assessment of the antivirus built-in firewall – for the package that includes it), where COMODO is listed as a bad one, or even not one of the top 3? Here are some of the ones that we use at work, and that I have used personally:

NSSLabs, ICSALabs, ShieldsUP, tools found at FIREHOL ORG, Matousec (discontinued), and a few others.

Most of these firewall testing sites address more hardware firewall than software. However, they at some time did also offered software firewall reviews… We are always testing our hardware firewalls… it never ends.

Why no one seems to care about testing firewalls software anymore? Because the operating systems now include a very reliable and strong (but not the best) built-in firewall (that’s what Glasswire uses - oh, I’m sure you knew already that Glasswire is only a shell on top of the Windows firewall, right? It is stated on their website too), for one; and secondly, most of the internet providers are scanning for viruses and blacklisting all dangerous websites themselves. They are not relying on the customer any more. AT&T, TimeWarner, Adelphia, etc., at least here in the US, they have been known to use at least one (usually two) antivirus software and hardware firewall (of course) with everything that goes through their network: TrendMicro, MCafee, Symantec, and Sophos, mainly. Some companies even prefer to pay a security company to “filter” all their network – that security company provides antivirus and firewall all-in-one (we use Cisco at my work).

I’m curious why Glasswire doesn’t make it into this list here: https : // en . wikipedia . org /wiki/Comparison_of_firewalls (remove the spaces). Oh wait… I forgot, it’s because is not a firewall, it’s only a shell, a GUI on top of the Windows built-in firewall. My bad.

And the last explanation given by the Glasswire rep here is totally out of the ball park. I won’t waste my time any more trying to address and explain anything… It’s enough that I’m wasting $100 per year just to use their shell and they cannot even implement a super simple feature.

I just dropped my jaw at what they said:

“Windows is completely different. With Windows there is not an app storage system. As a result there is no way to get an accurate and confirmed list of installed apps."

"Windows makes it impossible to know for sure if a certain app is uninstalled or not so if we remove the app it’s possible it could bypass the firewall or cause some other leakage problem.”

Sooo… Glasswire has a list of file names that have asked for internet access. That’s the “Firewall” tab (in Glasswire), which groups all the file names by “Blocked Apps”, “Active Apps”, and “Inactive Apps”. In each one of these sections, if you hoover the mouse pointer on the file icon, left side of the window, it will give you the precise PATH (file location). See attached snapshot. All you have to do is write a bit of code that “validates”, that goes and confirms that the file is still there. If the file is not found (at the path where the firewall has logged it as installed), then move that entry to another section say called “uninstalled Apps”. Then I can simply delete that section with all those entries in one go. AGAIN, no one is supposed to be moving around files that belong to programs… and a firewall only filters programs… so…

JUST so that there is no more nonsense being said… here is a simple batch file “code” that does exactly what I am talking about. Just remember that this is a batch file and this code does not work in C++. The idea is the same and can be implemented extremely easy in C++ (which is what they used to make Glasswire).

All Windows computers have a NOTEPAD app. Open that program and paste the code given below. Then save this text file to your desktop (for example) and name it: DOES FILE EXIST.bat

Once saved, simply double click on that file and voila! You will see my point. A DOS window will pop up and just read and follow the instructions on the screen.

The batch file will tell you if “Write.exe” can be found inside the Windows folder, which it does in all Windows computers. But if it has been moved out of there or it simply does not exist in there, it will tell you so (go ahead and rename the file, then run this batch file and you will see how it tells you that it cannot find that file). Also, it will check if the file “Glasswire.exe” exists inside the Windows folder… and you guessed it, it does not. So the bath file will tell you so. You can play with this code and point to your own files… that way you will not say I am tricking you.

It is important to make sure that the file name extension for this batch file is .bat (the period then “bat”) or this will not run. If Windows is not showing file name extensions, then activate that option in the Window File Manager… if you don’t know how to do that, watch a YouTube video… I won’t tell you. I’m annoyed.

Here is the code, and after this I hope you all can see how ridiculous were the answers in this forum:

@echo off
echo:
echo:
echo:
echo Press any key to see if the "Write.exe" file exist inside the Windows folder.
echo:
echo:
echo:
pause
cls
echo:
echo:
echo:
echo:
echo:
IF EXIST c:\Windows\write.exe ECHO The "Write.exe" file exists!
IF NOT EXIST c:\Windows\write.exe ECHO The "Write.exe" file exists!
echo:
echo:
echo:
pause
cls
echo:
echo:
echo:
echo Press any key to see if the "Glasswire.exe" file exist inside the Windows folder.
echo:
echo:
echo:
pause
cls
echo:
echo:
echo:
echo:
echo:
IF EXIST c:\Windows\glasswire.exe ECHO The "Glasswire.exe" file exists!
IF NOT EXIST c:\Windows\glasswire.exe ECHO The "Glasswire.exe" file DOES NOT exists!
echo:
echo:
echo:
echo:
echo:
echo:
pause

And if the file exists but it’s just moved? And if another file is called Write.exe and it’s moved, but it’s actually malware? Or if a file is placed at that location with the same name and it’s malware?

Or new SSD hardware is added and apps/files shift directories/folders?

There are about 20 variables you’re not considering unfortunately as explained above. Even the Windows Firewall API does not work the way you describe, otherwise it would not be very useful unfortunately.

But as we mentioned above we agree and we hope to make our Windows app work more similar to our Android app that works the way you describe if it’s possibly to do technically with Windows and it does not cause firewall leakage and other issues.

Ken_GlassWire,

Can you give me one (JUST ONE) example of an installed application that renames it’s file names on its own, that moves it’s installation files by itself? Just one please… What you describe has to be done intentionally by a user, or a virus… but that has nothing to do with my feature request.

There can be one million files in the hard drive called Write.exe. Who cares? The only one I care, that the firewall should care, is the one who requested access to the network. That one particular file’s (write.exe) path has been logged into the firewall when it requested network access and that is the only one that I want moved to a new section called “uninstalled app” when in fact that file does not exists in the logged path anymore.

I just figured out what your problem is Ken_GlassWire… you are an apple (Mac OS) user who has been hired to handle this forum… big mistake for GlassWire. Windows does not work the way Mac OS does, which is exactly what you describe. Yes, I got it now. Plus it seems you are using a translator.

When adding a new hard drive (SSD or what ever), the operating system will simply assign a new drive letter (it becomes a secondary physical drive, as when you insert a USB Flash Drive – why would that move, rename, etc. files inside folders?). IF replacing the main hard drive (drive C) then such a task is done with a special utility such as Acronis Backup, or AOMEI Backuper, or AESUS, etc… those utilities make an image of the entire drive and then they dump it onto the new drive… no files are moved, renames, deleted, etc. from existing and original locations. I perform this task on a weekly basis at work. I speak from experience.

Glasswire firewall is… wait for it… wait for it… wait for it… A FIREWALL. Glasswire is not an antivirus/antimalware. If the file in question is indeed a virus, it is not a firewall’s job to clean it, delete it, or even tell you that it is a virus. The firewall’s job is simply to monitor the network and allow/block access. Yes, Glasswire checks the file malware reputation with ViruTotal, but this does not make it an antivirus. It is a bonus, a welcome bonus. But it is not an antivirus.

If the issue is malware/viruses, then install a good antivirus and make sure you only install an antivirus (most antivirus products out there have a plain antivirus version, then 2 other options of the antivirus that come with a built-in firewall… you don’t want any of these two other options because you are already using GlassWire). Do not speak as if the firewall is monitoring for viruses… it is not it’s job. The ONLY job of the firewall is to monitor network access and give the option to allow or block that access.

I don’t believe for a second that the feature I’m requesting will be implemented… why not? You give too many “IFS”… “…if it’s possibly…”, “…if it does not cause leakage…”, “…if other issues.” Common, this is basic psychology 101. You are simply “keeping face” and that is what will make your company lose revenue… talking about bad forums!

Never mind…

I’ve grown tired of the replies in this forum.

I’ve decided to move back to TinyWall… there is a new version (v3) which now does not use the Windows firewall… it has become a firewall on it’s own and it’s even lighter and faster than before, even lighter and faster than GlassWire… and is absolutely free with no gimmick. Of course not as beautiful as GlassWire… but the time comes when we must choose functionality over beauty. GlassWire is mainly beauty…

Thanks for nothing.

I went through my GlassWire alerts and moused over my executable files to quickly find a few examples. It only took me a few seconds. You can do the same on your own PC. Go to your alerts, then mouse over the app icon to see its location.

An app that I often block is yourphone.exe. It moves depending on its version. For example its current location for me is c:\program files\windowsapps\microsoft.yourphone_1.20032.111.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\yourphone.exe.

This is just a normal app that’s built into Windows that changes location due to version number.

Another app that I easily found that does this through using GlassWire’s alerts was the Intel Graphics Control Panel.

Yet another app I noticed is through Skype called LocalBridge that moves location depending on version number.

I just figured out what your problem is Ken_GlassWire… you are an apple (Mac OS) user who has been hired to handle this forum…

I use only Windows/Android all day with GlassWire installed on both devices. Kind of a weird thing to say to me? :slight_smile:

LOL. No, I was born in Texas and I am a native English speaker and I reside here now. Another funny thing to say. :slight_smile:

I appreciate that you are very passionate about this feature. In this forum I have said I agree with you and I have said that is exactly how our Android app is implemented. I have also said we’d love to do the same thing with Windows but it’s quite complicated.

It’s not a conspiracy to rob you of this feature and I hope we can find a way to add it in the future. I am merely saying it’s a bit more complex than what you’re posting here in the forum. I believe it’s unfair to our team to say something is very simple when in fact that’s not true at all…

We take all user feedback very seriously and we even agree with you. All we are saying is that implementing this with Windows is more complex than it seems.

That’s why it is not done. :+1: