Repeatedly getting "Attempting Connection" on "Usage" tab

Same problem here, win8 64bit.

Renaming the glasswire.db helped, it was about 500MB if this helps.

Thanks for helping us!

We think this is related to memory usage. Our next major update will address this and fix it permanently.

1 Like

Looking forward to the update and i will give it a go and see how it works out.

Thanks for the update :slight_smile:

Cool beans, thank you for the update.

Has this issue been fixed in 1.1.39b? What’s considered the next major update, 1.2?

I’m also getting the same issue as OP - Cpu usage spikes, high mem usage, “attempting connection” hangs and UI is very sluggish and unresponsive.

Like the other threads on here I am also a heavy bittorrent user, I’m assuming that’s where the issue stems from. Is there any work around?

I really don’t want to be cleaning the data every two weeks and I also don;t want to have to babysit my system to make sure it’s not endlessly attempting to connect to the database and wasting CPU resources.

Please email our helpdesk https://www.glasswire.com/contact/ and ask to join our testing list. Thanks!

the problem is not solved (v1.2.54). the program is still “kill” SSD drives

@11119 We use SSD drives here and we aren’t seeing this problem. Can you do an uninstall, reboot, then install 1.2.54 again with the “clean” option? Can you be more specific about what exact problem you’re seeing? Thanks.

Each statistics collected less than in 2-3 minutes (clean reinstall). the program is still “kill” SSD drives

NO more photo because
Sorry, new users can only put one image in a post
Sorry, new users can’t put links in posts.
WTF? :rage: :rage: :rage:

GlassWire uses a database for its graph. Modern SSDs should have no problems with this, but if you don’t like this you can switch to “Incognito” mode at the top left GlassWire menu and it will write less data.

Program write 200mb per 2 minutes. It is normal? You are laughing at me?

The issue @11119 is reporting is the high disk usage. His screenshot says over 250MB of writes in a few seconds after a clean install. I don’t think that is an acceptable statistic.

The fact that he is using an SSD is probably not relevant. The issues for other users reported similar problems in this thread don’t seem to have been related to only SSDs.

That’s why your response might seem dismissive of his concerns.

When GlassWire is first installed it creates a database. Is @11119 using Bittorrent by chance? If so his Bittorrent client has major host activity and this will cause GlassWire to graph lots of host data.

We will work on improving disk usage for Bittorrent users, thanks for your feedback.

1 Like

Please, at least warns users with SSD drives, the program will record a lot of data.
It is not normal to record so much data!

Do you use Bittorrent or no? The answer to that question will help us investigate, thanks.

Of course. All use torrents. I use utorrent

Like most people, I don’t use torrents and never have. Less than half of all Windows users use torrents.
e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_BitTorrent_clients .

Many people don’t use torrents because of the association with piracy, security vulnerabilities in the clients that are slow to be patched, and the high proportion of risky torrents.

1 Like

I also don’t use torrents – Remah explained why.

11119, I am an unaffiliated user of Glasswire – not part of the team. Providing good information to help resolve the problem is a much better way of getting help than by being argumentative or abusive.