Requested service has already been started

im trying to install glasswire on my gaming computer, but the installer gets stuck starting a service, which it states

Certificate “GlassWire” already in store.
CertUtil: -addstore command completed successfully.
The requested service has already been started.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182.

and in the top, above the progress bar it says

Execute “C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\nsvD2F0.tmp\GWInstSt.exe” "https://gl

any ideas, i have tried the following:
restarting the installer. which still fails, but this time, due to a file in use in the install directory.
restarting my computer, and running the installer again, resulting in it getting stuck at the same point.
starting the installer, in “run as admin” mode, still fails at this point.

i really like the program, and on my other 2 computers, there is no errors installing, only on my gaming computer, which is odd. i really want to have it on there, to monitor what is going on, as it at random seems to open some of my programs from my tray(torrent program mostly)

We think we know what could cause this but we haven’t seen this before. We’ll work on an installer update that will fix it, hopefully we’ll include it in our next update.

thank you, i really hope it installs properly. i really like the program, and would hate to try and find something as good as this is to replace it on just one of my machines.

1 Like

issue has been resolved, now it just starts the service if it finds it already installed. thanks for the support :slight_smile:

1 Like