Should be a way to check licensing

Hi!

This is more of a suggestion than anything.

There should be a way to check what license you own, and if it is Lifetime or Subscription based. How many licenses is bound to your account, and so on. Preferably by logging into the Forum, and/or the regular site.

Edit: And maybe how many connections you have on each license.

Thank you for any replies :slight_smile:

Additional Question, since i already have this post. For some reason i cant make GlassWire fill up the half the screen by hitting it into the side of the screen anymore? is that only me or is that now a “feature”? would really like to be able to force it to fill half the screen again.

@Zicco2

Go to the top left GlassWire menu and choose “About” and it shows details about your license, including how much time your subscription has left and your license type.

Go to the top left menu and choose “Deactivate” to release a license before moving it to another PC, or email us and we’ll help.

For 1.0 it would fill up half the screen and it does not work with 2.0? I wanted to be sure I understand.

@Ken_GlassWire

Yeah i know you can check the license in the software but i would like something more along the lines of what adobe has where you can manage your licenses/license through the website.

Windows has this feature where if you grab the window, like chrome or what ever and you move it to the right or left side of the monitor. You get the option to have it fill half the screen (the size of the window) you could do that with 1.0 but it doesn’t seem to work with 2.0. I have to change the window size manually which works, but is sort of a round about way of doing it.

1 Like

@Zicco2

Thanks for your feedback about the licensing.

I will see if we can bring back the normal Windows behavior with GlassWire 2, since it worked before in GlassWire 1. Sorry for the problem.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wanted to check the status of my GlassWire Elite serial number and to see if it is lifetime which it should be. I did the following to check:

Went to the top left GlassWire menu and choose “About”.

This doesn’t show me anything except “Glasswire Elite” and version of GlassWire that I’m using. It did not show anything related to a subscription nor did it show that my license is lifetime.

Is there another means to determine this?

@planejanez

I don’t believe we have ever used the term “lifetime” anywhere in our website or software.

However, details about your code are mentioned here in a 2017 Blog post: https://blog.glasswire.com/2017/12/14/glasswire-2-0-launches-today/

“This major update is a free upgrade for 1.0 paid users” - We have no plans to disable any 1.0 activation codes, but supporting something we sold in 2017 for the rest of our lives until we are all dead sounds daunting. :grinning:

Thanks for the reply Ken_GlassWire. Okay then, if someone purchases a one year subscription for GlassWire Basic or Pro how would one find out how much time is left on their subscription?

@planejanez

It should look like this:

sub

Then GlassWire will warn you also if your subscription is about to end. In your case it appears you have an original 1.0 code we sold in the early days.

Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks for the clarification.