Stop network scanning

I’ve done a clean uninstall (ticked the option to wipe data settings). Installed latest version (1.2.118) and activated Pro license. Unticked the following 3 alerts:

• Network device monitor
  • First network activity
  • Device list monitor

Yet for some reason under the Network tab, it keeps scanning for devices. This is annoying, because there’s about 150+ devices at my workplace, and Glasswire will just constantly scan (I’m assuming sending out broadcasts) to all devices. This is bad for the network as it introduces congestion and I’ve already had a network admin ask me why my machine generated so much broadcast traffic.

I don’t know about the resource usage, but I’m assuming that whenever it scans for 100+ devices, it’ll likely consume some level of resource usage on my PC. I can’t seem to disable this function at all.

@Ricky

To disable Network auto-scanning completely create a text file called glasswire.conf and place it in the c:\programdata\glasswire\service folder. Add this string to the text file: enable_network_scan = false then restart the GlassWire service. We plan to add a setting for this in the future.

This worked, however the latest version has broke it. I checked the .conf file and it still has the network scanning value set to false. I’ve set the conf file properties to read only and I think that might have fixed it. I can still see X amount of devices under Network, but I think it’s probably just cached.

Hope the new 2.0 version can be released soon…

@Ricky

We made no changes with this feature. If you update the file again did it solve it?

@Ricky

When you installed the update, did you use the “clean” install option?