Stoped working after last update

I had this problem on a older version and uninstalled Glasswire. Last week I downloaded it again and it worked fine… until today, when it informed me it has a new update. After I installed it (1.0.35b) the same problem of the old version: the program starts fine but after some time, it stops. If I click on “restart service” and then “connect glasswire”, it starts working again for 40 seconds, then stops. On event viewer I get the error:

Faulting application name: GWCtlSrv.exe, version:, time stamp: 0x549bf77d
Faulting module name: MSVCR110.dll, version: 11.0.51106.1, time stamp: 0x5098858e
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000a326c
Faulting process id: 0xb34
Faulting application start time: 0x01d02ba78b924231
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\GlassWire\GWCtlSrv.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\GlassWire\MSVCR110.dll
Report Id: e4635aa3-979a-11e4-8277-bcaec5b23e82
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

This is happening on a win8.1 64b machine. On a win10 64b, it works fine even after the update. There is something I can do to help find the issue?

Please try going to add/remove programs and uninstalling GlassWire. Next reboot, then download and reinstall our latest version and see if that fixes it. Thanks for reporting the details so we can get this fixed ASAP!

I tried this and it did not work. I notice before stop working or after I click on “restart glasswire”, “Glasswire Control service” use a lot of CPU (25% on a Quad core). It stops with the high CPU after some time but when I click on connect, it go up again for some seconds, then I can see on task manager the windows error reporting running and the service stops.

Hopefully our dev team can figure it out by looking at your logs and we can put out an update ASAP. Thanks for reporting this problem in detail so we can try to solve it soon.

Please stop the GlassWire service and rename/remove
c:\programdata\glasswire\service\glasswire.db and let us know if the
problem continues.

The glasswire.db file was big (more than 1GB). I deleted it as you suggested and glasswire is running normally now. I think it worked, thanks!

1 Like